German translation for Wiki pages
Tofloor
poster avatar
horvan
deepin
2015-05-23 01:26
Author
Dear Deepin Community,
I am horvan and I am a new member since last week.
I try to help Deepin to get famous in Germany and withme there are currently 15 other people trying to help translate deepin in tothe German language.
I know deepin is in an early state even when we talkabout translations from Chinese to English when we come to the website and itis also common that most of the wiki pages are still in their originallanguage. So why I am coming up with German Translation now.
Because this Community and Linux System is so youngand the translatable content is   still comprehensible.
I've just started to translate the Wiki into Germanand I try to keep this work continued as long as possible. If you look for somedocumentation in German or just decide to roll out your website in foreignlanguages later. Just take a look here. There is not much jet and thetranslations even not perfect but there is more to come and the translationswill be revised and adapted as soon as the section has been finished.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir? ... ithint=folder%2codt  
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
m***o@gmail.com
deepin
2015-05-23 04:14
Before starting to translate Wiki in local languages, we need to consolidate english version, as we made with Deepin OS translation!
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2015-05-23 07:07
In my opinion, this will slow down the whole thing a little bit. You're right the English texts i saw at the wiki have grammar issues for example, by now. But honestly there is no sense in waiting for the translation team to correct errors they may never have seen or noticed by their self's before.

Other languages will have other grammar rules and I do not see a problem with starting translation as early as possible. Revision is an ongoing process for all kinds of content so what exactly is the problem here?

Do you mean you have to test the content of the wiki like you test an issue un a closed beta test? Is there a sirrius reason to slow down progress intentionally.
Reply View the author
m***o@gmail.com
deepin
2015-05-23 07:46
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30202
In my opinion, this will slow down the whole thing a little bit. You're right the English texts i sa ...

No no, I just said that Deepin team is building the Wiki day by day, there are so many items missing.
If they will move or erase somthing in the original version we have no control on it for translated one. (example, today there is a topic called "Network applications" and tomorriw it will be erased, so we have to re-translate it..).
I mean, they are chinese people and they open their eyes to english speaking people (I'm italian, you're german, english is common here, not in china) and what they asked is to improve english/chinese wiki, translations are not a priority of today, but just in future..

This is just my point of view, based on my experience because I've translated Deepin to Italian (4K strings, not easy..).
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2015-05-23 09:52
I See thank you for you expertise!
Reply View the author