Transparent Development News
Tofloor
poster avatar
bunticlick
deepin
2015-07-18 09:54
Author
Edited by bunticlick at 2015-7-17 18:58

More transparent Development News would be nice.
It would help to have some idea what awaits the Community with the next Version of Deepin.
The closed beta is nice but not everyone has the time and the free (as in not used otherwise) hardware to testdrive something, playing it by ear on the way.
In an interview earlier this year you mentioned a switch toward plain Debian as a base. Is that still planned, maybe already the case? What are the major changes warranting a new Version Number. Will for instance the filemanager be replaced, is the messenger already part of the new Version and what changes will happen to the base Deepin Desktop Enviroment.
Not only would it be informative, a good tease also creates anticipation wich is good marketing.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
yotamN
deepin
2015-07-20 11:37
+1 It's would be really nice
Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-07-20 13:48
Hi buntclick,

I can not answer all, but as an alpha tester I can confirm you that the alpha1 is based on debian 8 jessie.
I am now on a partition with deepin 2014, but I can check and tell you too the version of the alpha's DDE later.
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2015-07-21 07:18
How nice would tht be, Something like a regular post on the planet site or here in the forums. That would be so cool!
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-13 19:44
I thought the reason the development team doesn't post often is because of time constraints and maintenance of the Chinese forums.
Reply View the author