Can't start libre office
Tofloor
poster avatar
satfoxy
deepin
2015-07-25 05:30
Author
Hi.
I do click on libreoffice icon...doesn't matter which one...then the program pop up and start the rutine loading but then when it is in the middle freeze and disapear.From the first time i have instaled deepin couldn't start the libre office.
Any help how to resolve it?
Thank you for you time.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
abercoque
deepin
2015-07-29 16:06
I am using libreoffice 4.4 and I can open It, I know this doesn't help you much; Can you tell me how did you installed it?, version?.

I usually download from libreofice site and install the .debs, and my language .debs manually
Reply View the author
satfoxy
deepin
2015-07-29 19:53
Libre office has been installed from the beginning when i install deepin to my pc.
Then i uninstalled and reinstall again but still no success.When i launch the program goes the half way to start and then disappear from the screen.

I have installed libreoffice both ways..either from deepin store and deb files.
Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-07-30 05:01
I asume you are using deepin 2014.3, I am not sure what is happing at your system, if you told me is slow, i willa advice install a java JRE. but if don't starts...
Never worked since you installed deeepin or was something after it?

In my case spanish language annd 64 architecture--->
https://www.libreoffice.org/down ... ion=4.4&lang=es

You installed the .deb s like this at the DEB folder after extrac it ?:   sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Reply View the author
satfoxy
deepin
2015-07-30 06:21
Yes i have deepin 2014.3
Libre Office never worked since instal it to pc
Even my pc is old deepin runs fast and smouth.Never had for so log time a linux distro.I stuck with deepin.
The think i dont like is keybord shortcut to change language
I have installed libre office like says here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LibreOffice
Thank you for your comments and your time.

Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-07-31 02:23
Edited by abercoque at 2015-7-30 18:25

Hi saftfoxy,

Not sure how to help, because you told before you already tried to install it manually, and if never started it can not be that you accidentally delete some needed part during your re-installations.

Even so, assuming you have an old computer, so a 32 architecture ,and that you use english as language I would try download and install from here:
https://es.libreoffice.org/desca ... =4.4&lang=en-US

Download both, once it's done, extract the first and bigger one,with a terminal navigate till DEBS folder, once there:
sudo dpkg -i *.deb

(Install all debs present)
And repeat same with language .tar.gz idiom package.

if something like a warning, error or out of normal appears during terminal, copy it

{:4_91:}
Reply View the author
satfoxy
deepin
2015-07-31 12:32
I did all as you wrote me.But stil the same reaction.I give up.I cant make it work.I wiil set up a new pc for my shop and will install the deepin again.I want to see
if the new install is gonna work.Thank you for your time and help.
My best regards.
satfoxy
Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-08-01 01:48
Edited by abercoque at 2015-7-31 17:51

Ok, but it is a pity we can not make it work, sure it is easier than we think.
Sorry man

Btw, if you manage to get it work at new computer tell it, so I can be happy, if not some kind of digital magic is attacking you  : )
Reply View the author
satfoxy
deepin
2015-08-07 23:55
  1. if not some kind of digital magic is attacking you  : )
Copy the Code

Ha ha ha  hope not,cose i have a lot of electronics devices.
Thank you very much for your kindness  
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-08 05:51
Have you tried downloading an 32-bit ISO from a different download source?  That doesn't sound like an issue with the computer.  
Reply View the author