system freezes
Tofloor
poster avatar
amitchouksey
deepin
2015-08-03 07:51
Author
I have just installed Deepin 2014.3 on my lenovo thinkpad T410. Everything works fine as of now execpt for the following:

(1) If i close the laptop lid (with or without powerr connected) it goes into suspended state. when i open the lid again, login screen is shown but nothing works ftom here. it doesn't accept any key presses or no mouse movement is noticed. reboot is the only workaround known to me to recover it.

(2) whenever i listen to any online music streeming (like gaana.com an indian music site) or watch youtube video on chrome browser, it works fine for 3-4 minutes and then it leads to complete system freeze. Audio/video can be seen on the screen but it doesn't respond to any presss or mouse movement.

Could someone please help me resolving these issues. Thanks in advance!!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
amitchouksey
deepin
2015-08-03 08:49
Just played a movie on VLC player and got the same issue as described in point 2 in the initial post. Playback starts off well and slowly performance degrade and ultimately it goes to system freeze.
Reply View the author
DzurDzuk
deepin
2015-08-03 15:22
Edited by DzurDzuk at 2015-8-3 07:35

1) See (Driver Manager) driver's nvidia. Find/update video drivers in Synaptic Package Manager.

2) To the address bar chrome, type "about:flags" and enable "reset to defaults".
PS
gaana.com - Cool Radio {:4_118:}
Reply View the author
amitchouksey
deepin
2015-08-04 02:06
thanks, I updated the drivers and it seems to work for playing the video on VLC player. I am yet to check the playback of online streaming.
any idea about the issue (1)?
Reply View the author
DzurDzuk
deepin
2015-08-04 02:48
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30326
thanks, I updated the drivers and it seems to work for playing the video on VLC player. I am yet to  ...

A possible solution for the problem: Fix Ubuntu (or Linux) Suspend/Hibernate Not Working Bug.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2015-08-12 06:44
This is the drive and Flash problem, But your problem is very serious.
Sorry, we can not solve now.
Reply View the author