about compatibility with tactile screen?
Tofloor
poster avatar
oubid
deepin
2015-08-12 14:45
Author
Edited by oubid at 2015-8-11 23:49

Dear friend's
please
make it very compatible with tactile screen
as it is under windows. (double click to get the app or a folder open - a long click to get the contextual menu and ... )
because I can't use all tactile functions of my laptop.
Thanks for efforts.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
JLey
deepin
2015-08-12 14:56
Have you considered changing the click options?

Files Preferences > Behavior > Single-Click to open items.
Reply View the author
oubid
deepin
2015-08-12 15:13
Edited by oubid at 2015-8-12 00:17

yes;
but doesn't give much Flexibility
for example when you change page with your finger in deepin you get a selection of a sentence or a paragraphe instead.
thanks
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-12 15:26
Have you considered downloading a "overlay-scrollbar" from the Deepin store?  Is scrolling your only issue?
Reply View the author
oubid
deepin
2015-08-12 15:32
thank you for your help
I will try it
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-12 15:43
Anytime.  Let us know how it turns out.  There's a lot of hidden gems in that Deepin store.
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-13 06:42
Somehow, I missed that the Mouse settings have two-finger scroll settings.  Did you try that?
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2015-08-13 14:19
Edited by bunticlick at 2015-8-13 00:50

I think the question was towards using a touchscreen, not a touchpad.
Many recent notebooks have touchscreens nowadays. That ist exactly why i am trying windows 10 right now, for the first time since 1999. Not being able to use even a filemanager with touch has convinced me that linux is more an "old man with grey beards" operating system and an "get off my lawn" attitude, than a modern progressive operating system. I personally have 3 touchscreen devices that offer very limited to no functionality under linux. None of those i would call bleeding edge of technology devices. Need i tell anyone that with windows 10 those same devices offer a vastly improved user experience and simply more usability.
The whole systemd shenanigans have illustrated the backwards mindset wthin large parts of the community, "new" is almost worse than bad or broken.
The next billion connected devices will most likely not have mice, nor keyboards and probably less than 9" screen real estate, for the regions that have growth can't afford two connected devices, so it will be phones or tablets with call function.
But well, android has at least a linux kernel - so we win (well google does)!
Since china is one of those markets my hope remains that a chinese distribution will tackle these problems and offer something for people with more future oriented usecases.
Funny thing is though, i am an old man, close to 50 with a mostly grey beard,yet i refuse to remain in the last millenium.
Reply View the author
oubid
deepin
2015-08-14 08:08
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30344
Somehow, I missed that the Mouse settings have two-finger scroll settings.  Did you try that?

yes I have tried all methods.
but no thing happened.
Reply View the author
oubid
deepin
2015-08-14 08:08
Be patient
Community make efforts
And The future will show you a new good things
We should free ourselves from the monopoly of Windows
we need more choice not just one
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2015-08-15 12:19
Edited by bunticlick at 2015-8-14 22:22

Most touchscreens today are recognised in linux, they do support multitouch, even gestures (sometimes silly ones) in both Gnome 3 and Unity. Unfortunately most applications don't, so while  the same version of calibre works with touch in windows 10 (scrolling through book covers by swiping, right clicking, ...) it does not in linux. There seems to be no unified layer/api between desktop enviroment, input devices and applications, the plethora of different toolkits does not help. So it's all hit and miss. The new, mostly small and mostly unfinished, Gnome 3 apps like gnome photo do support touch with pinch to zoom, rotating with two fingers and so forth. Sadly no filemanager does, neither caja, files, thunar, pcmanfm nor dolphin not even gnomes nautilus . Webbrowsing with chrome/chromium can work more or less if you enable "chrome://flags/#touch-events" alas no rightclick emulation by long touch. You can scroll, pinch to zoom and swipe left and right within your history. So webbrowsing can actually be done  half decently. All in all this is an, at best, awkward user experience.
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2015-08-15 12:43
Just having tried it again i have to correct myself,the recent chrome does even do right click by touching and holding the finger. At least on ubuntu mate 15.04 and lmde2 mate it does.
Reply View the author