Deepin Translation Effort
Tofloor
poster avatar
horvan
deepin
2015-08-15 01:51
Author
Edited by horvan at 2015-8-14 10:52

Dear deepin Users, testers anddevelopers.

as a relatively new deepin user I have to say I likedeepin a lot and I can’t wait to see deepin to be based on Debian instead onUbuntu 14.04 with its next public release. But there is a
question I mind a lot about.

What is about the documentation of deepin and arethere some efforts to internationalize the system beyond sting translations on transfix?

A while ago I have started to translate the Installation section on the wiki into German and stopped translation immediatelybecause some users said Hey what do you do if they change something?

• This is a really good point so i like to know arethere people in response for internationalisation.
  • Will there be more documentation as by now (the wiki)System help pages and man-pages for example
  • Will there be a team up by users willing tointernationalize deepin
  • When will we begin internationalisation?
  • When will there be more content translated from Chinesemother thong to English in the wiki
  • etc.

Do you have some plans related to translation effortsor will you develop the next deepin release first?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
JLey
deepin
2015-08-15 04:55
I asked in another forum thread earlier about merging the chinese and english forums and am still awaiting a response.  I try to help out on the english wiki once a week, but I think the forums allow for more advice and tips from other points of view.  I've never used Google Translate so often in a long time.
Reply View the author
ilox11
deepin
2016-01-23 21:42
Hmmm, a great suggestion and worthy of handling but I don't see any responses. Am I missing responses or am I the only one that agrees with the Original Poster?
Reply View the author