Could You Imagine Deepin on your smartphone?
Tofloor
poster avatar
JLey
deepin
2015-09-09 19:16
Author
I'm really curious the ability to put another distro on my phone.  I know nothing about it, but it would be interesting to have Deeping UI on my phone.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
moomin74
deepin
2015-09-11 12:38
I think Deepin would work well on a windows tablet. If you get an intel x86 tablet and installed Deepin on it it should be good - but needs an onscreen keyboard for touch input. The applications menu is like android in many ways so would be well suited to touch.
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-09-11 16:58
I've considered getting a tablet for school.  I'd try to find a way to use a screen pen and a virtual keyboard so I don't need a lengthy keyboard.
Reply View the author
moomin74
deepin
2015-09-11 23:51
If you do, I'd be interested to hear how you get on. As long as the virtual keyboard works well it should be a pleasant experience. I am not sure how easy it is to boot from usb on windows 8 tablets, but am guessing they have a similar bios setup to a pc/laptop.
Reply View the author
m***o@gmail.com
deepin
2015-09-12 02:40
I have a Teclast x98 Air 3G 64 Gb dual boot Windows 10 + Android, I would like to test it!
But, as you know, It is better to improve desktop versione before jump on mobile.
Reply View the author
hsyysy
deepin
2015-09-12 06:27
I wonder the "Deepin on smartphone" just means similarity on the UI, or you just want the whole Deepin recompiled on another arm structure? If it is the former, maybe a launcher is a good idea. But the latter is something two difficult.
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-09-17 17:07
I was just throwing a thought out there.
Reply View the author