[Deepin 2014.3] A new user review
Tofloor
poster avatar
shadowvzs
deepin
2015-10-18 23:06
Author
pc spec: intel dual core 2.6ghz, 4gb ddr3 (800mhz), integral vga (intel 512 mb)
previous linux: lubuntu, ubuntu, linux mint 17.1 (all 4 version: kde, mate, xfce, cinnamon), vertorlinux, peppermint (maybe i forget few other)
note: sorry for my bad english, i am hungarian.

Review:
installation: yet Deeping the most easy/simple but beautyfull installation what i installed, the booting from usb is working well without any problem, its don't ask useless question.

preinstalled programs: i like the deepin music player, its look nice, personally i missed the openshot (best&simple video editor), simplerecorder(best&fastest video recorder), character map (like in mint/windows with select language spec character and copy), gimp (free photo editor), firefox (like other broswer even chrome the default but still preinstalled ff could be nice), other side what is implanted is ok
- i tested crossover with notepad++ and its worked.

update (Rainside mirror): when i installed this os i started to update, its showed i need download ~600+ mb but around 2/3 way its broked and when i restarted the update proccess its showed 400mb left and allways broked in few second (this was yesterday night), with downloading programs like oneshot or lamp directly from store also stoped at 0 byte, today seems the updateing work because already at installing packages and have no error, tested the store also with downloading soundconverter and now downloaded well and installed.
- update speed was at max (well its 1.2mbyte per second to me)
- store look cool, so more beautifull than other linux distro what i used before
- i miss from store a really nice & fast converter, something converter was its name, i used on linux mint from their store (its convert a movie format to other movie format or to mp3)

desktop organisation and Control: i am not fan of the windows 8/10 launcher kinda stuff, i prefered the old start menu etc but here it is ok because what i use often in few click can place to desktop and bottom bar also can be hide, control panel/settings (right side) look very nice, have nice option, other side the desktop part is nice, also the right click menu is simple and contain all what i need. About theme, don't have too much theme but what is the default its look enough nice to me and not that boring like other popular distros (except few).
- i miss from linux mint what isn't here (language specific character shortcuts like (key is a selectable key from keyboard):
key + o + " = ö, key + o + ' = ó,  key + u + ' = ú,  key + u + " = ü, key + i + ' = í, key + e + ' = é, key + u + ' = ú, key + a + ' = á)

speed: overall the os working good, maybe a bit better than linux mint 17.2 KDE , so i like it because same time look nice/eye candy the os.

filesystem: when i copy example a directory, with alot small files then i really miss the progressbar, because its at each files appear and disappear when finished but if i copy 2-3mb and not gigabytes then coping progress bar window blinking so can't stop or minimize or atleast check the overall progress (well this happened when i copyed multiple directory from external hard, if i copy a single directory i watch the progress still the window is enough huge because each copying item have a individual progressbar)

stability: early to tell anything except installing with ubuntu command the lamp and other stuff worked well and still got no freeze or something

Conclusion: i really like this distro, i think could be really competent with linux mint.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
JLey
deepin
2015-10-20 07:33
I reccomened you come back and try Deepin 2015.  There's a lot of improvements to look forward to.
Reply View the author
military_ru
deepin
2015-10-20 08:17
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30401
I reccomened you come back and try Deepin 2015.  There's a lot of improvements to look forward to.

Hello!
How can we try the Deepin 2015 ? Where to download or how to update version?
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-10-20 08:57
It's still in testing.
Reply View the author
military_ru
deepin
2015-10-20 09:33
It is based on Debian? There is an approximate timing of release of public version?
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-10-20 14:52
I believe so.  However, I don't recall an approximate release date.
Reply View the author
shadowvzs
deepin
2015-11-09 02:40
after few week i started dislike deepin....
if i use firefox and chrome same time both with flashplayer stuff (like flash game+facebook+youtube etc) after few hour (4-5) became more and more laggy and at end freeze totally... starting with a lil mouse lagg then a bit page loading lagg then totally unresposnd and need manually turn off and on the pc.
well thats ok its eat more CPU&Ram than example chaletos but freezeing pc during i working on it only because of browser and flash stuff kinda more than annoying (don't even help alt control delet or anything, mouse also stopped to movieng)

few program what work on other distro not work (or not work well) on deeping even other distro based on same ubuntu 14.04.
Reply View the author
laoguang
deepin
2015-11-20 18:04
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30401
It is based on Debian? There is an approximate timing of release of public version?

28th november
Reply View the author
laoguang
deepin
2015-11-20 18:05
they had updated the iso inside a special directory, however, it is not very stable
Reply View the author