Tofloor
poster avatar
Platypus
deepin
2015-12-09 16:12
Author
Edited by Platypus at 2015-12-10 09:53

Hi there,

Downloading the .deb file to install the new Crossover 15 for Linux (to run your favourite Windows software) will not install in Deepin. An error message in gdebi will tell you it is not supported (or some such message). At least this is my experience previously and again today.

Some of us NEED it so here is how to install install it without the .deb file.

Go to this link below and down the bottom of the page are instructions on how to download and install using the .bin installer. If you are using a 64bit system you will need to perform the following (using terminal) sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 and sudo apt-get update. There may be other depedencies you may require but if you have already an earlier version installed that should not be a problem.  

Without closing the terminal after the download complete the install by other two steps on the page and it is done. Very simple.

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/install

Edit added:
I should add that once it is installed you will need to "Recreate" your menus to have them work in the Launcher. To recreate your menus you select your bottle and down the bottom of the right-hand pane you will find "Control Panels". Click on Edit Menus and then simply click on Recreate Menus; apply and you are done.

Platypus
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
eric52
deepin
2015-12-09 16:39
Good to know of the problem. Perfect instructions to resolve it. Thank you big time Platypus!
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2016-01-22 00:54
Please Do not care,We will be responsible for updating crossover.
Reply View the author