Installing ffmpeg
Tofloor
poster avatar
moomin74
deepin
2015-12-10 04:19
Author
Can anyone help with installing ffmpeg in deepin? It doesn't appear to be in the software centre so assume it would need installing through terminal. I know it is command line based and that's fine, I just can't figure out what I need to do to install it. Thanks

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
eric52
deepin
2015-12-10 14:25
Well, moomin74, no one seems to be leaping into this fray. I have no familiarity either. However, I notice that https://bbs.deepin.org/module has binaries available, including one specific to Ubuntu Trusty Tahr, the basis for deepin 14. The last binary for Ubuntu I installed was Kodi on TahrPup 6.0.2, and it literally took care of itself. Have you tried asking on the ffmpeg forum? If you can get no joy there, do you have an extra machine for experiments? Failing that, try downloading the TahrPup ISO, burn it to DVD, and boot off that. Once in Puppy, download the Tahr binary from ffmpeg and play with it in RAM. It's a way to experiment off your HD install of deepin. If you reach a comfortable familiarity, burn a second Puppy disk while in Puppy (just take the disk out and but in a blank, navigate to the ISO file on the HD and right click it.) Pburn will offer to burn a multi-session (persistent) disk. Try ffmpeg one more time with this and save the success to the disk. Boot into deepin, use the disk for reference, and go for it. Good luck!
Reply View the author
moomin74
deepin
2015-12-10 15:17
Thanks for your reply. I figured it out with this:
Reply View the author
moomin74
deepin
2015-12-10 15:18
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
Reply View the author
eric52
deepin
2015-12-10 16:15
Doug McMahon on launchpad.net?
Reply View the author