deepin 15 Beta——Improvements from Head to Toe
Tofloor
poster avatar
melodyzou
deepin
2015-12-17 02:13
Author

deepin is a Linux distribution committed to providing an elegant, user-friendly, safe and stable operating system for users all over the world.

Thanks to the warm feedback from Alpha 2 users, the function completeness and stability have been significantly improved in deepin 15 Beta.

Now, let’s find out what changes made that worth attention!

Beautify, Please Your Mind and Body

Completely new design style. For this edition, white system theme and winning works of Deepin Wallpaper Contest 2015 have been used to present you a fresh and elegant feeling.

System sound and animation effects and have been thoroughly perfected. Notification, Wakeup and such operations will all come with fine sound and animation effects. Since then, every operation you do will no longer be dull.

Meanwhile, we have further refined system details, e.g., finely adjusted the render effects of fonts, added Multitasking View button to Dock. All are to make you use comfortably and smoothly in work and entertainment.

Intelligent, Tailored for You

More intelligent and lighter weight. In this edition, for the first time there will be a intelligent switching function for the window manager, system will automatically adapt to the current environment to guarantee the consistent smooth experience in different hardware platforms.

Thanks to the active feedbacks of Alpha 2 users. More drivers for graphics and network cards are integrated to be compatible with more hardware. So the system can be “out of the box” for real.

Bug Fix, More Stable Service

Value user feedbacks, listen to user advices. In this edition, bugs fed back by Alpha 2 users have been intensively fixed. For instance:

• Fixes an issue that after installing the system, there is no account avatar when logging in the system for the first time;
  • Fixes an issue that launcher occupies too much resources;
  • Fixes an issue that desktop icons mis-overlap and application group can not be renamed;
  • Fixes an issue that some touchpad can not be disabled by the control center;
  • Fixes an issue that Youdao Dict occupies too much resources and not sensitive enough when getting words;
  • Fixes an issue that some software in Deepin Store can not be downloaded;
  • Adds top rated software collection in Deepin Store;
  • Improved the integration of Deepin User Feedback and Deepin Remote Assisstance;

Besides, we have rewritten the network module and improved multi-screen display function. The infrastructural functions are much more stable and complete.

Deepin at Your Fingertips

You can experience the charm of deepin with the time for just a cup of coffee!

Please download deepin mirror and watch video tutorial. With Deepin Boot Maker, you can easily install the system in your computer.

Official Downloads:

64bit: click to download (MD5 hash: 5887557e040340e0f81db400484f8bf6)
32bit: click to download (MD5 hash: a6024a47fc4da4acb39bef7c76403301)

Other downloads (Synchronizing):

Sourceforge, MEGA, Baidu Yun, Community ISO Repository

Reminder:

• The Beta edition has many known problems and imperfect functions. It is not recommended to use it as main system in work environment and daily use.
  • Currently the only way to acquire this edition is to upgrade from and only from deepin 15 Alpha 2.
  • Please fill the “deepin 15 Beta Testing Questionnaire” to improve our system.

Open Source to Share Joy

deepin is an open source desktop system developed for common users. You are free to download, distribute, modify and use it.

GitCafe: https://gitcafe.com/deepin
GitHub: https://github.com/linuxdeepin
Welcome to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to acquire latest update in the first time. Also welcome to joinhttps://bbs.deepin.org/module to communicate and share your joy with us.

At last, we solemnly thank those community teams and companies who have provided https://bbs.deepin.org/module/20,documentation, translation and mirroring support. You have made open source better with the selfless contribution!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
eric52
deepin
2015-12-17 02:54
Sounds very promising. Thanks for all your hard work.
Reply View the author
dcrystalj
deepin
2015-12-17 04:09
any approximate release date?
Reply View the author
Atrupi
deepin
2015-12-17 04:30
Edited by Atrupi at 2015-12-16 14:33

How can i upgrade from Alpa2 to Beta ?
on the SourceForge is not the Beta ?
Reply View the author
bobo
deepin
2015-12-17 08:33
Edited by bobo at 2015-12-17 00:34

Only for Alpha2.
I copied it from Chinese Forum.

First,  
  1. sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Copy the Code

Second, replace it with

1. deb [by-hash=force] http://packages.deepin.com/deepin unstable main contrib non-free
Copy the Code

Third, run these codes in Terminal

1. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install apt lastore-daemon libapt-pkg5.0 -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
Copy the Code
Enjoy it.
Reply View the author
ambiya
deepin
2015-12-17 08:43
This the only distro that I download from alpha to beta until stable.. yeah It's really worth to download...
Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2015-12-17 12:27
Edited by Favaro at 2015-12-17 04:35

Hello there ,

There are several errors in the beta version.

-i can't install Skype or Firefox and other apps, install failed
-I have switched to German language, but it is still in English.
-It Is very hard to quit an app (Google Chrome or other), man must repeatedly press the mouse
-It Consumes a lot of battery, in Windows 10 that was not so.
- If I want to do update, then hangs the screen, I have to restart
-Deepin Feedback does not work, it does not send.
Please Fix it . {:4_122:}

Google Translate.

Reply View the author
laoguang
deepin
2015-12-17 23:36
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30476
Hello there ,

There are several errors in the beta version.

i don't trust any stores, i usually use apt-get or aptitude, at least they may give you some hints on what caused your bad luck.
Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-12-19 01:27
I will change some things at questionare on beta, it tooks more seconds to see the dock at login than what I wrote.
I use classic mode of dockbar , not the fashion one.

And one more, some minutes  I saw a notification at right top: That I should update some packages with a sound, that was nice, but i didnt click there on time,
and have not find where tu update system.
I mean i have no problem with it, but: Have users a way to update system other than terminal?
{:4_129:}
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2015-12-19 13:12
Edited by bunticlick at 2015-12-18 22:26

Hi,
tried the 32bit version this time.
I installed on an ancient eePC 901 with 2 Gigs of memory only. It is surprisingly usable. Memory usage at startup is around 270meg's - good. Having setup zram and added the swapspace program it suffices.
Being German i installed it by choosing the german language in the installer. The installation was seemingly in german (at least the onscreen text was). Unfortunately the Keyboardlayout remained US-Asci-QWERTY . Upon first login the input device was still american english-QWERTY. I could, of course, choose a german keyboard-QWERTZ from the controlcenter, nevertheless this does not work within a terminal window (still us-keyboard-QWERTY). This makes using any kind of secure password near impossible unless you remember an us layout by heart or with your "inner eye". I wonder how this is with a french AZERTY keyboard. Please DO REMEMBER the actual physical keyboard layout often differs by region. The login manager uses the QWERTY layout as well, of course.
Fcitx installed this time - by choosing sogou input method from the store - unfortunately it is also not possible to change the english standard keyboard to german within fcitx config-tool. Ubuntu, Fedora Mint and LMDE do it right. They correctly differentiate between input method and input device, so it is possible to input pinyin with a properly setup physical german keyboard. I thought only windows and chrome-os where to dumb to fix this (they havn't for years, microsoft for decades), but it seems deepin managed to degenerate the formerly working ubuntu heritage. Again, it is working properly in LMDE2, wich is also Debian based (they also have the most comfortable way to add asian input methods and tables/extras so far).
There are visible improvements, but remember, internationalisation requires respecting the actual physical hardware available in foreign places. It can be quite frustrating, since using a keyboard is a most BASIC requirenment on any computer and operating system.

Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-12-19 15:52
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30476
Hi,
tried the 32bit version this time.
I installed on an ancient eePC 901 with 2 Gigs of memory onl ...

Hi bunticlick, i tried to send you a message but didn't worked

i have another eeepc 901, but with bodhilinux on it, i think mine have only 1G ram, we could compare OS working requirements on same hardware.
Do you use top coomand from terminal to check RAM ussage?
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2015-12-20 16:17
Hi abercoque,
i did just open gnome-system-monitor and had a look there (yes i know that cost ressources in itself). Given, lmde2 needs less ressources in either Mate or Cinnamon variant, but the improvements are quite visible. I guess Bodhi will use even less, as will Peppermint OS. Nevertheless none of them have the same aspirations to completely reinventing the Desktop Expirience.
Reply View the author
eric52
deepin
2015-12-20 18:46
Bodhi uses less resources and has a much smaller footprint OTB. It is a minimal OS that you can add only what you want to. Like deepin's DDE, Bodhi has its own desktop environment - a fork of Enlightenment called Moksha. Jeff Hoogland and the development team are writing an incredibly efficient file manager in Elm and otherwise doing everything they can to completely reinvent the desktop experience. In fact, Bodhi is quite different in a pleasing, very aesthetic way. However, the vision is entirely different. deepin seeks to be a universal OS maximizing relatively modern machines. Bodhi seeks a particular niche audience and will run well on older equipment. Those looking for an easily used comprehensive system OTB would be well served by deepin and would probably not enjoy Bodhi.
Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-12-22 07:05
Edited by abercoque at 2015-12-21 16:07

Yes bunticlick and eric52,
So many flavours or distros, nice that linux kernel based are such a wide alive evolution, but on the other hand I hope one day we have a universal"linux"  format so that would make users easier to install programs whatever the distro, and make easier to developpers to create binaries for "linux" around the world.
{:4_127:}
Btw I started with linux is not unix before ubuntu existed, some years ago...  
Reply View the author