WiFi Asus Maximus VIII Impact doesn't appear.
Tofloor
poster avatar
erikmoretti
deepin
2016-01-11 14:18
Author
WiFi seems to be working and recognized, but my SSID WiFi Router doesn't apeear there. Other devices can see the WiFi from here, so it's not signal issues... I could not find any information in the internet to solve the issue, so I hope you guys can help me. Any additional information, just ask me. I'm in the latest Deepin OS 15 and my motherboard is in the title.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
tristar
deepin
2016-01-11 15:34
As I recall, last time I was in same position. Go on your router and change SSID. After router restarts you should see new SSID.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-11 16:59
Have you tried clicking connect to hidden access point ?
It will then ask for SSID security and password.
Reply View the author
erikmoretti
deepin
2016-01-11 18:12
So, I tried using the hidden, nothing happened, just get back to the previous screen, changing the ssid would make everything to unsync with the router, right? Do you think just rebooting the router would solve? BTW, I never installed a driver or anything, so I don't know if the WiFi is working properly. Am I supposed to install anything?
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-11 18:21
I have 2 wireless systems running. I did not have to reboot the router. But that is something you could try.
I also did not have to install any drivers the install automatically detected my 2 different wireless devices.

Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-11 18:25
Also I did not have to change the ssid , I would try reseting the router though. From your screen shot it looks like it not finding any additional wireless devices.
Don't know why.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-11 19:38
One other thing to try , in applications click on driver manager and see if a driver needs to be installed.
Reply View the author
erikmoretti
deepin
2016-01-11 21:04
The only driver were from Intel to the processor itself, that's already installed and didn't change anything... What I meant by rebooting the router is just kind of turn off and then on.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-11 21:13
Yes I have had to reboot router before turn it off than on in the past with other linux.
But linux Deepin I did not have a problem. Of course my setup is not the same as yours.
I dont know if your control center is not looking for another connection or not finding another connection
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2016-01-22 23:37
Please terminal execution:
  1. sudo deepin-feedback-cli
Copy the Code

And then upload the file to help us solve this problem.
Reply View the author