deepin 15.1——Never Stop To Be Better
Tofloor
poster avatar
cxbii
deepin
2016-01-29 23:33
Author

deepin is a Linux distribution committed to providing an elegant, user-friendly, safe and stable operating system for users all over the world.

deepin 15.1 is a correction edition emphasized on fixing Bugs that users fed back, optimizing the system and expanding App repository. It is worth mentioning that a new member has joined Deepin application family——Deepin Cloud Print!

We Listen, We Improve

Based on questions and advices users submitted through Deepin Feedback, we fixed and optimized system modules, emphasized on the followings:

Dock

• Optimized Dock display interface when mounting mobile device
  • Fixed an issue that hidden status on Dock may be incorrect
  • Fixed an issue that some system tray can not be displayed on Dock

Launcher

• Fixed an issue that after opening a new App in Launcher, the little blue dot can not disappear normally
  • Fixed an issue that after uninstalling an App, the App icon is not timely deleted in Launcher

Control Center

• Fixed an issue that Control Center can not auto-hide under certain conditions
  • Fixed an issue that avatars are not displayed in Control Center homepage in some machines
  • Fixed an issue that the current logged in user is not highlighted in User Accounts module
  • Optimized Default Applications module, newly added display of default program icons
  • Optimized Personalization module to accelerate its first start
  • Fixed an issue that some settings can not be saved in Network module
  • Fixed an issue that some wireless network cards are unable to normally function
  • Optimized Sound module, removed continuous sound effect when setting sound
  • Fixed an issue that Sound module is blank for some machines
  • Fixed an issue that Power Management module can not be correctly set under some language environment
  • Fixed an issue that shortcuts user set be reset to none in Keyboard Shortcuts module

Others

• Fixed an issue that hidden files are displayed on some Desktops
  • Fixed an issue that memory leak can happen under certain conditions
  • Fixed an issue that Android Apps can not be used in 32-bit system

Abundant Apps at Your Discretion

For this edition we have reach cooperative relationship with Valve for the first time, Steam will be pre-installed in the system and brings you lots of masterpiece games!

Meanwhile, Deepin Store has added Straight Flush, WizNote, Android Studio, AliWangwang and many other hot Apps, and fixed the followings:

• Newly added filter prompt for Apps not supported in current system
  • Optimized App category descriptions and sorting
  • Optimized the alignment of some window layouts, text selection and such details
  • Fixed an issue that the windows can not maximize for some low resolution screens
  • Fixed an issue that the installing progress animation causes lack of smoothness

……

Deepin Cloud Print, Enjoy Smart Printing

A new member has joined Deepin application family——Deepin Cloud Print!

Deepin Cloud Print Installation Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXcxsQwu5vk
Deepin Cloud Print is suitable for desktops, laptops, some tablets and all other authorized devices.

Easy to Get, Simple to Install

You can experience the incredible charm of deepin with the time for just a cup of coffee!

Please download deepin mirror and watch video tutorial. With Deepin Boot Maker, you can easily install the system in your computer.

Official Downloads:

64bit: click to download (MD5 hash:0da35bad8a4bbd17dd62a8e86498294b)

32bit: click to download (MD5 hash:90e43c5ad77c706eb90c452a95a38040)

Other downloads (Synchronizing):

Sourceforge, MEGA, BitTorrent, Baidu Yun, Community ISO Repository

Reminder: deepin Alpha 2 or later editions can be upgraded to the latest edition through “Control Center→System Information”.

Advocate Freedom, Share Happiness

deepin is an open source desktop system developed for common users. You are free to download, distribute, modify and use it.

Welcome to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to acquire latest update in the first time. Also welcome to joinhttps://bbs.deepin.org/module to communicate and share your joy with us.

At last, we solemnly thank those community teams and companies who have provided https://bbs.deepin.org/module/20, documentation,translation and mirroring support. You have made open source better with the selfless contribution!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
tristar
deepin
2016-01-30 01:30
Thank you!
Reply View the author
bonbonboi
deepin
2016-01-30 05:29
Reply View the author
chars
deepin
2016-01-30 05:34
Gracias.....!!!
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-30 10:31
2015.1 much better lots of improvements ! Keep up the good work Deepin Team !
Reply View the author
master2093
deepin
2016-01-30 13:26
Muchas gracias ¿¿se ha solucionado el problema de pantalla negra después de instalar en pcs con tarjeta de vídeo Nvidia Geforce Go 7300??
Reply View the author
hotchilli100
deepin
2016-01-31 01:47
Edited by hotchilli100 at 2016-2-3 06:33

Deepin is nice but, please, create the possibility to use a classic launcher, as alternative to the whole screen one (which doesn't have even a 'search' feature). It's much better for productivity. What's the point of the classic interface of the dock - panel , if there isn't a classic launcher too? Something looking like the launcher used by Solus OS (Budgie DE) could be appropriate. Or the launcher used by Zorin OS. Or anything you consider.
I noticed that when the windows are maximized, it remains a gap between the bottom side of the window and the panel. Can you solve this, so that the maximized window to be extended up to the panel's edge?
On the other hand, I didn't found any way to create links to the Desktop, for (as example) the folders from the Home Directory. If I intend to create a link on the Desktop for, let's say, the Documents folder, with right click on that folder, no Send To... or equivalent command appears. There isn't any possibility to do this in the explorer's menus neither (by selecting the folder and executing a command that can be found in one of the menus - like in Nemo 2.8.6, used in the Cinnamon DE).
Could you also include by default the guest additions for Virtual Box, allowing a full screen visualisation in the virtual environment?
(still, in the current status the Scale Mode can be used, followed by a resolution adjustment).

I agree with some excited users that Deepin looks great, but just the aspect is not enough. I hope that my suggestions (made with good intentions) will help to the improvement of this distro.

Thank you.

Post Scriptum: I'm glad that you included CrossOver in 15.1.

Never Stop To Be Better !!
Reply View the author
jotapesse
deepin
2016-01-31 15:08
Excellent work! Good job! Thank you for your amazing development of Deepin. The move for Debian + DDE is a winning move, and the result is great. I wouldn't go with Deepin if it was based on Ubuntu (as before) but now, being based from Debian SID, it really rocks! Thank you!
Reply View the author
kwag
deepin
2016-01-31 22:56
Just one word: "WONDERFUL!"

Thanks!
Reply View the author
giovannigil
deepin
2016-02-04 12:23
I hope that solves the problem of my USB Wi-fi.
Thank you!!!
Reply View the author
faska
deepin
2016-02-04 13:30
I really like this OS.  So far this OS works pretty well for me. The design or the UI is  outstanding. Keep the best and bring more light to open source world.
Reply View the author