Multiple-desktops switcher bug...
Tofloor
poster avatar
omelette
deepin
2016-02-18 07:22
Author
After all available updates, whenever I click the new Deepin 15 button on the dock, which allows you to graphically switch between desktops, Deepin 15.1 immediately freezes, the only 'life' remaining being the mouse-pointer which you can move about, but clicking on anything has no effect.

This is where I and Deepin 15 part company, at least till this setup becomes usable.  Since the only way to exit from the above situation was to forcibly switch off the computer (which I did several times), I now have the additional major problem where Deepin willl (yet again!) not even boot normally - booting in recovery-mode, I am informed that after it tries to file-check the system (fsck), it encounters 'error 4' and cannot continue.  Second time the same thing has happened with Deepin 15, whereas there are no such boot-up problems from either WinXP or Win7, which also reside on the same SSD - so definitely a Deepin problem.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-02-18 08:18
Please use Deepin User Feedback in your applications they will need your system information.

In the future if you mouse locks up and if your keyboard is working you can press F4 for a terminal to safely reboot or shutdown the system . If F4 does not work you can try to switch to a virtual terminal with Ctrl+Alt+F1  From there you enter shutdown or reboot commands.
Repeatedly removing power will damage your file system and installation.
Reply View the author