Tofloor
poster avatar
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-03-01 09:41
Author
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-2-29 18:53

Hi!

I just noticed, that ther's no sound under Steam games, while every other function of  Steam (including it's music player) is working perfectly. Also sound works perfectly in everything else, like in Deepin Music, Deepin Movie, Firefox, ZSNES   and in other games (SuperTux 2, SuperTuxKart...). Here's the terminal output of launching Steam. This is the native Linux version of Steam not the Windows version of Steam. I noticed this after installing Team Fortress 2 with Deepin Crossover, but i tought it's maybe related to Wine (Crossover). I found the same problem on an Arch Linux forum (here), but i don't want to remove anything from a working system until i don't have any other chances.
Here are some commands and their output uploaded to Pastebin:
And there's no asound.conf file in /etc

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
barthodian
deepin
2016-03-02 01:09
I for one can confirm that Half-life 2 worked with sounds. Not sure what's wrong dude.
Reply View the author
tristar
deepin
2016-03-02 02:28
I'm playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on steam with all their glorious sounds, not common bug.
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-03-02 13:19
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-3-1 22:34
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30782
I'm playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on steam with all their glorious sounds, not common bug.

Common or not, it's annoying. But to make sure it's not game related, i will try it out with two free to play games:
Sunrider: Mask of Arcdius and Rinsing Angels: Reborn.

Edit: Hmm. Rinsing Angels: Reborn works perfectly, no missing sound. So maybe it's only game related. Could someone try it out? Does soemeone have System Shock 2?

And because it's not system related, I'll contact Steam.
Reply View the author