Launcher Page Malfunctioning
Tofloor
poster avatar
twoguntom
deepin
2016-03-11 19:09
Author
I updated 15.1 via command prompt in terminal to 15.1.1. The Launcher page was acting all hinky and was not showing apps/programs that I had just installed from the Deepin Store.

I installed a fresh copy of Deepin 15.1.1 on the computer. The Launcher page is still acting strangly, but in different ways. I tried to open it, but the page displayed very dark and nothing was accessible. I restarted, twice, and now I can't sort the page (by the icon in the upper lefthand corner).

Dell Optiplex 755 SFF
Deepin 15.1.1 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 @3.33GHz
3GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphics card

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-03-11 19:24
On the first part if you install new apps some times need to log out and back in to be able to see them in the launcher.
But you have done a fresh install on top of that. So currently it will not let you change to say category view ?
Reply View the author
twoguntom
deepin
2016-03-11 19:26
That is correct
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-03-11 19:37

They made a slight change to the way the launcher displays after selecting the rocket launcher a second time to go back to the top of the page. But regardless the method of changing to category view remains the same.  Have to highlight the area with a mouse and select the one you prefer. And all my systems are working okay.
Was this computer working okay before the upgrade ?
Reply View the author
twoguntom
deepin
2016-03-11 19:47
before upgrading to 15.1.1 via terminal, yes.
I'm checking the other distros-
Ubuntu boots and runs fine,
Xubuntu boots and runs fine,
Deepin 2014.3 boots and runs fine...

I'm gonna say it's not the computer, but...
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-03-11 19:54
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30827
before upgrading to 15.1.1 via terminal, yes.
I'm checking the other distros-
Ubuntu boots and runs  ...

So basically every thing you have noticed works okay on the Deepin 15.1.1 except being able to change to category view in the launcher on this computer. If this problem continues even after a cold reboot I would report in Deepin User Feedback
Reply View the author
twoguntom
deepin
2016-03-11 19:59
I guess to be fair, (and why I am so confused/perplexed as to what the heck?!)
my Dell Optiplex 760 SFF took the upgrade from 15.1 to 15.1.1 via terminal window just fine.

I had a previous issue with Xubuntu with the 755's (I say that plural because it was more than one) and they had different processors... they would start and shut down fine, but they would not restart without hanging up. I had to do an override to get them to restart correctly.

In a similar manner in another thread, I am having issue with Deepin not installing on other Dell models.

I say that because some computer *models* seem to have *that glitch* that you have to circumvent to get that certain distro to run right.

Deepin is starting to lose its luster...
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-03-11 20:12
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30827
I guess to be fair, (and why I am so confused/perplexed as to what the heck?!)
my Dell Optiplex 760  ...

Well seems like your dealing with many computers at the same and it gets confusing. And there has not been much reported with the latest version Deepin 15.1.1  in the forums. One of my computers is a Optiplex 755 and I do not have the problem of changing to category view in the rocket launcher. If you problem continues after a cold restart I would use Deepin User Feedback
Reply View the author