Tofloor
poster avatar
austra
deepin
2016-03-12 15:46
Author
Edited by austra at 2016-3-12 07:52

Hi!{:4_99:}

I am new-ish to Linux and have a hard time trying to connect to my VPN. It was easy and straightforward on Ubuntu, but here on deepin it just won't work.

This is my setup:

https://i.gyazo.com/08d800ea7063c90d88f7769f5802bc0b.jpg

I tried with and without IPSEC, even though I'd like to have that enabled. Tried to fill the group name&id with random words because my provider didn't say anythign about those. Same goes for all the settings. On Ubuntu the preshared key was enough and I wasn't asked for all those things in MPPE. I literally have no idea what all that stuff is. I just want a L2tp connection with IPsec with my provider(Privatoria). It's my first time seeing so many options in a VPN setup. It kills me.

OpenVPN doesn't work for me in China.

Please help me! Thanks a lot!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
austra
deepin
2016-03-12 15:50
Edited by austra at 2016-3-12 09:03

Another thing I'd like to get help with is Proxy Settings. I entered my proxy address and port, but there is no field for password/username and I can't connect without it. I tried username:password@proxy.privatoria.net + the Port, but that didn't work. {:4_114:}

PS: If you're gonna recommend the terminal, please help me with the right commands. And if you're gonna recommend another graphical network manager, then please also share a download instruction. Thank you! {:4_122:}
Reply View the author