Visual guidelines for app development
Tofloor
poster avatar
jpcarvalhinho
deepin
2016-03-15 02:28
Author
Hello... I know that Linux is freedom... but is there a document with the visual guidelines for app development, so it all looks consistant?

Is there a recomended SDK/libraries combination that must be observed to provide some consistency throughout the system?

Is there someone worried about designing icons that can be used by the comunity?

e.g. If I choose to add a directory on deepin-music I am greeted with a File picker window that is totally different from the one in deepin-video app.

THis SUXS and is something other distros are getting "right" like elementary...

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
u855697021
deepin
2016-03-15 04:27
That's a good suggestion. However only Deepin developers can decide to have such a guideline.
Another problem is whether a Deepin-based GUI application looks good under other distros.
Reply View the author
jpcarvalhinho
deepin
2016-03-15 08:24
True story, but if you make deepin your OS of choice... and use maximum "GTK/Whatever" libraries available ... You should get 100% success on your mission (bet and develop for your prefered OS)... and go easy on the others distros.
Reply View the author
jotapesse
deepin
2016-03-15 10:03
Yes I agree on this, the Deepin Apps should have their UI design well integrated with the Deepin Desktop GTK3/2 theme. Deepin Store, Terminal and User Feedback seem to be well integrated design wise. Deepin Music, Video and Screenshot not as well, specially when opening/saving files/options windows/menu interface (QT based I think). Also a dark theme support should be in order (Global Dark Theme). I think all this should be revised in the future. But,first things first, now the focus should be on stability, mirrors/updates infrastructure and bug corrections.
Reply View the author