New to Deepin os
Tofloor
poster avatar
scubasteve
deepin
2016-03-31 08:00
Author
Edited by scubasteve at 2016-3-31 01:15

I am new to Deepin OS. I have been using it for a few months and I am really happy with it.

There are a few bugs that I have noticed and not sure if there are any solution for them?
When I uninstall a program there is no notice of it being uninstalled till it is done. Would like to see a indicator that uninstalling is in progress.
After I uninstall a program and I click on the launcher all the programs either wont show up or the launcher freezes and wont let me scroll through them. After about 2 minutes everything will start working fine.

I also have a kodak verite 55 all in one printer scannner. The wireless printing works great however the wireless scanning doesn't work. There are linux drivers for it and when I use simple scan the kodak network driver starts but can't communicate with the scanner. I have aso installed xsane and still no luck.  Is this a compatiably issue and something that can be fixed with furture updates?  

Thank you

steve
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-03-31 10:06
Edited by dance707 at 2016-3-30 11:08

Hi welcome to Deepin forum. When you right click application and click uninstall there is no progress indication this is not a bug. You can submit as a idea or feature request in the Deepin User Feedback application. For those that want more information there is always the terminal or Synaptic package manager.
I have noticed some applications do not show up in rocket launcher after installing until I log out and log back in.
In the future you should have separate post instead of combining issues. Wireless scanning sometimes can be difficult to setup even though printer works. Have you tried scanning using a usb cable to check if scanner is compatible ? is the package libsane installed ?
Reply View the author