Issues with graphic drivers
Tofloor
poster avatar
svecax
deepin
2016-04-02 04:31
Author
After installing Deepin 15, the activated driver was Nouveau. The problem with it was that all application written i* (like those from Google, Nylas etc) were badly rendered (parts of app were mixed and one on another). Though, the browsers had no problem.

Trying to fix this bad render, I installed and activated nVidia driver. Now it's even worse. All apps that were badly rendered before plus browsers are now unuseful. Now I can't use any browser or web app because of the bad render.

Can be this problem solved?

At least, how can replace nVidia with Nouveau again? I had the problem in the past and found a solution on internet but after uninstalling nVidia I had only black screen and had to reinstall the OS. Could someone post every step and command I have to run in order to be sure I can get back to Nouveau?

Thanks!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-04-02 05:27
Hi : On the first question more information is needed. It is very rare that a graphics card does not work with the standard open source drivers. What version of Deepin are you using ? What is your system information and graphics card ? And were any special applications installed besides what is offered in the Deepin Store or terminal ? And can you upload a screen shot ?
Reply View the author
tristar
deepin
2016-04-02 06:53
To install nouveau

1. sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-videa-nouveau
Copy the Code
Reply View the author