Tofloor
poster avatar
daveyp1
deepin
2016-04-04 08:27
Author
Hi.
I recently installed Deepin15.1, and am really enjoying the OS
The only issue I have is that I cannot print Wirelessly to my HP Envy 5540 Printer.
  • I have checked via HP Web Site that appropriate hplip drivers are installed
  • The printer is active, and recognised on my PC.   
  • It will allow me to set up a print job, however once jobs enter the print queue the do not print and the message:
  • 'Processing - Not Connected'
  • appears aginst each print job.
  • All other devices on my network are able to print normally from the printer
  • The UFW firewall is set to allow the printer IP address
  • Previously, it has worked flawlessly on other Ubuntu and Debian systems.

Many thanks for any guidance and suggestions

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-04-04 17:42
Edited by dance707 at 2016-4-3 18:54

Hi, Welcome to the Deepin Forum The current version of Deepin 15.1.1 Normally Hp printers are easy to add and configure. The default print settings after install Deepin is the  DeepinCoudPrinter a app to connect to a windows printer network. You did not indicate what type of network you have. If your using a Windows network printer , Then click DeepinCouldPrinter in your applications and hit f1 key for the online help Manual. If your not using a Windows solution then in your Print Settings application click add printer. Click the word Network Printer and it should auto detect your printer. Select your printer in the drop down list and under connection select HP (HPLIP), then it will search for drivers. Click apply and ask test page Then at this point need to change your printer to Default printer instead of DeepinCloudPrinter.

Reply View the author
daveyp1
deepin
2016-04-05 10:29
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30908
Hi, Welcome to the Deepin Forum The current version of Deepin 15.1.1 Normally Hp printers are easy t ...

Thank you so much for your detailed response.   I now  have this resolved, and am printing as expected.  
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-04-05 13:37
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30908
Thank you so much for your detailed response.   I now  have this resolved, and am printing as expe ...

Your welcome.
Reply View the author
ra******23@gmail.com
deepin
2023-03-15 20:11
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.