Power button problem
Tofloor
poster avatar
jaredkon333
deepin
2016-04-11 18:45
Author
This was not a problem before the recent update, but now when I press the power button on my laptop it will just shut off even though in my settings I have it set to ask.

I've tried changing it to something else and changing it back, but any of the options I choose (suspend, ask, shutdown) it always just shuts down.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-04-11 18:56
Hi, Welcome to the Deepin Forum. What version of Deepin are you using ? And does it do the same thing when you click the Shutdown icon on the dock ?
Reply View the author
jaredkon333
deepin
2016-04-12 20:47
I am on the version 15.1.1, and no, when I press the power button on the dock it does ask, it is only with the power button on my laptop.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-04-12 21:13
Edited by dance707 at 2016-4-11 22:24
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30934
I am on the version 15.1.1, and no, when I press the power button on the dock it does ask, it is onl ...

Hi, If the Shutdown icon is working okay on the dock then I would check for a setting in your BIOS that will change the behaviour of your power button of your laptop. Because you have already indicated that you changed to ASK in Control Center and appears to be working with the dock. This does not explain why things changed with a recent update. And if you feel the problem is with Deepin then you could use Deepin User Feedback in your applications to report this problem.
Reply View the author