Can't easilly select languages and change between them (US,EN,RU)
Tofloor
poster avatar
zor1984qq
deepin
2016-04-14 07:25
Author
Edited by zor1984qq at 2016-4-13 23:28

When I firstly install deepin on my PC and chose Russian language and Russian keyboard input I am unable to input my login credentials and PC name with my user password on English,US language. I have no idea how to switch in between keyboard input methods cause there is no IBus or any gnome-shell like or unity switcher presented in Deepin installator.

Still I have work around using 5 spaces hits as a password if I select Russian locale. (previously entered my login on EN,US latin alphabet)

On the other hand when I pressing English default locale and proceed with these settings as the default to the desktop I am not being able then pick up basic US,Russian keyboard with such symbols like dot or numeric keys from 1 to 0. So I forced to stick in that case to Russian typewriter keymap and these should be fixed ASAP cause I just can't use standard Russian US,RU keyboard, meaning that is huge usability breakage for me after migrating here from Ubuntu.

And Deepin really misses the ability to switch between US English and Russian keyboard input in installator.

Also there is no option to use LVM (linux volume manager) while partitioning hard drive in installator menu and no expert specific settings for btrfs, xfs, jfs, ReiserFS. The FS pickup misses ability to use NilFS and ZFS  implementations which is availible via plugging few libs + kernel modules.

Hopefully we'll see some improvements in described flaws of installation process.

Thank you! You doing awsome OS.
Sorry for my bad english. I am just having a bit of lazyness to use translator {

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-04-14 09:18
Hi, Welcome to the Deepin Forum. Thank you for your observations. On the keyboard input methods you may want to read some of the Other Languages threads. The method of switching is Space
As far has the installer you can togle from the Simple Mode to the Expert Mode to see a few more options.

https://bbs.deepin.org/module
Reply View the author