Applications on Deepin (Krita, Sayonara, Ckb,PIA)
Tofloor
poster avatar
xolotl
deepin
2016-05-20 19:02
Author
Just wondering how the community expects me to go about getting various software on my install. I've got 4 examples that should help me and other new users make our requests through the right channels.

1 - Krita
Krita is on the Deepin store (v2.9). I've backed version 3 on Kickstarted, pretend its been released. How would Deepin like me to get Krita 3? (a) Wait for store to update (b) Request a store update (c) Compile from source (d)add-apt-repository

2 - Sayonara Player
Sayonara Player is not on the Deepin store. Its of high quality, has not reached version 1 but functions with polish. I've made a request for it but have no idea if its been accepted or denied. Do I stay in the dark, checking each store update for it? Do I get the .deb file or add apt?

3 - Ckb
Ckb is companion software for Corsair Keyboards. Without it I can't control macros or lighting. It lives entirely on GitHub. Is this something I should request to be on the store?

4 - PIA
PIA or Private Internet Access is a VPN client. Other distributions bypass the need for this tray app by building VPN options into the OS. I found a Beta version of the client that was reported to work on Deepin but when I used it, it messed up my system. This is not ready for the prime time but I require a VPN to merge offices. What should I do?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-05-20 19:55
Hi, There are quite a few applications in the Deepin Store we are waiting for updates and hopefully most of them will be updated in version 15.2. In the past they responded in the Special Post for contributing to Deepin Store Quality software for whether suggestions are being accepted or not. Deepin does not support PPA's and I noticed that the Sayonara Player Deb files where built for specific versions of ubuntu. One method is to compile a Debian package from source code.
I would suggest using Deepin User Feedback in your applications and select I have a good idea for the player and items 3 and 4
Reply View the author