How to properly install bumblebee with Intel/NVIDIA graphics laptop?
Tofloor
poster avatar
onorirm
deepin
2016-06-13 23:41
Author
Hello everybody
I've tried that on arch (and it works) so I have experience and I know how to deal with
But Im completely new in debian and I dont know the packages or how this system works (please commend me some books)
Can anyone please give me some steps?
Thanks in advantage
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
onorirm
deepin
2016-06-13 23:45
I already know the basics
-Get rid of nouveau
-Get and install intel driver
-Get the NVIDIA driver
-Install bumblebee
-Install NVIDIA driver
-Set daemons
-Reboot
but how can I do that on debian?
Reply View the author
nomko
deepin
2016-06-14 05:09
I think you're looking for something like this:
https://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee
Reply View the author
onorirm
deepin
2016-06-25 06:49
Dude I searched in google too after posting this, And that info is completely poor and must be re edited, Im here asking for someone that alrrady done that, because Im trying to and I cant get work the driver , the first problem is that deepinn repositories or debian repositories doesnt have an updated Nvidia driver I can certify that there are only nvidia-340xx and no more thats bad . Im here looking for someone that made it
Reply View the author
onorirm
deepin
2016-06-25 06:52
Because deepin doesnt have modprobe.d or nvidisx64_x86 files I just realized that deepin doesnt have mane components that MUST BE on any debian distro, just look the grub files theres no comments why they do that?
Reply View the author
Adjan
deepin
2016-06-28 10:58
Edited by Adjan at 2016-6-27 21:00

I installed bumblebee some time back, forgot the process I went through.

The install was very simple (Opensuse). For the steps you listed, you get rid of noveau after you install nvidia driver. Also bumblebee can only be triggered by optirun or primus. (CL command: primus steam).

I would strongly suggest you ask on the debian forums (follow the exact steps from a reputable source), not sure if you will get your info here.

As for your last question, deepin is just a fork of debian. There's a lot more stuff that deepin does right with edited default configs.
Reply View the author
nomko
deepin
2016-06-28 13:19
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31155
Dude I searched in google too after posting this, And that info is completely poor and must be re ed ...

That wiki worked perfectly for me! Any files missing will be installed. Not sure you think what you're missing.
Installing the Bumblebee driver ment for Nvidia (bumblebee-nvidia for proprietary nvidia driver else take the nouveau driver) can be done the best way using the terminal since the terminal will show you what other files (dependencies) will be installed alongside the bumblebee diver and primus.

Any other site i found describes the same process as written on the Debian wiki. The only thing is that the Debian wiki writes about Debian and their designated version names (Sid or Wheezy or Jessie)

Since deepin is build on Debian stable, the whole procedure written on the Debian wiki can be used for deepin also (deepin is based on Debian unstable).

I found a site that provide the same info (maybe more) but i have to look it up.

Ps.: I'm not your dude.
Reply View the author
jul
deepin
2016-09-30 12:19
I've already set up Bumblee + proprietary Nvidia driver in Debian Jessie and works pretty good but never be able to reproduce it when I change my same laptop to Deepin.
Deepin appears to not be Debian on this side.
Reply View the author
jul
deepin
2016-09-30 13:16
Edited by jul at 2016-9-30 06:05

The words I've said just on the top was right few months ago, not anymore now {

What I've done:
- Install headers for the kernel
- Install bumblebee-nvidia
- adduser user bumblebee
- cat >> /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia < Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Default Screen"
    Device "DiscreteNvidia"
EndSection
EOF
- reboot
- you're done!

Edit: If have added the Debian Sid repo to install the latest nvidia drivers for the best performance. Works well!
Reply View the author