Deepin 15.2 freezes very often
Tofloor
poster avatar
kats
deepin
2016-06-15 09:44
Author
Hey,

first I have to say, that I'm a ''Linux-Newcomer'' - so I have to learn pretty much.
I decided to try Deepin 15.2 (Windows before) and i really love it! But there is one big problem. It freezes all the time. Whatever I do.
Can't recognize any connections.

Does anyone have the same problem? What can I do?

Thank you for your help.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
kats
deepin
2016-06-15 09:48
Oh, I use the Asus notebook F553M.
Reply View the author
elizabeth
deepin
2016-06-15 18:18
Have you tried running the Driver Manager?  You might be missing firmware for your WiFI.  I assume your referring to network connections?  As far as freezing, was it freezing prior to the new OS?  I'm kind of new to Deepin as well but its based on Debian and I've been using it for a Primary OS for about 10 years.  
Reply View the author
nomko
deepin
2016-06-16 04:21
I know from past experiences with new releases that random system freezes might also occur do to a missing graphic driver. Have you installed any graphic driver? Btw. are your system spec's similar to the ones described here: http://mln.com.au/product/?itemID=5861#specs? If so, then check this page on how to install a Nvidia driver: https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers.

And what brand/model wifi adaptor is on board?
Reply View the author
kats
deepin
2016-06-17 06:50
No, it was not freezing prior to the new OS. .... I never had problems with freezes.

I checked which graphic driver is installed: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx
Reply View the author
elizabeth
deepin
2016-06-17 08:04
You could try a different Kernel.  The boot menu should list different Kernels and usually defaults to the lasted one.  I see there is a 4.2 and a 4.4 but unless you system installed the 4.4 Kernel updating it won't be in the list and you may need to install it manually.  I think I read someone updated there's to 4.4 and that solved the problems they were having.

If your list has an older Kernel in the list try booting that one first and see if runs any better.
Reply View the author
siemien
deepin
2016-06-18 10:10
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2016-06-18 17:22
What do you mean by Deepin's 'freezing'?  Is it the OS you are talking about, or one of its components - Nautilus for example.  Nautilus freezes all the time on my setup, usually after having transferred something over the network.  When that happens, I'm forced to kill Nautilus.  This didn't happen with Deepin 2012.  Also, are you talking about freezes that require reboots to fix, or just annoying 'stutters' in mouse movement?  If so, could be a wireless problem, at least I've experienced that in the past, just not with Deepin.
Reply View the author
kats
deepin
2016-06-27 08:42
Hey there. Kats here. The kernel is not the problem. and yes, I have to reboot to fix the freeze. Is it possible, that something is wrong with the network? I visited my family this weekend and all worked pretty fine. No freezes or other problems. Now I am at home again, turned on my notebook and it freezes again. I used it for about 10 minutes (just searched something on the Internet) .... I really don't know what to do anymore.
Reply View the author