Folder Sharing
Tofloor
poster avatar
netflix
deepin
2016-06-19 00:57
Author
anybody know how to sharing folder with other OS?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
omelette
deepin
2016-06-19 02:15
Using Samba.  Theoretically, all you need to do is right-click on the folder, select 'Sharing options' and everything should fall into place automatically.  Unfortunately (gripe-mode on!) that does not seem to be the case with Deepin.  I cannot comment on a Deepin 15.3 fresh-install, but with Deepin 15, and the two preceding versions, Samba has never worked properly 'out-of-the-box'.   There is Samba bits missing from the default installation, and Deepin fails to install them automatically when you try sharing a folder.  At least that has been the case.  Maybe things have changed since the switch-over to Debian.  I've bitched & moaned about this here in the past as well, as it seems such a simple thing to fix, yet the same problem has persisted for years at least.

What precisely you need to install manually Samba-wise, I forget - I just use Synaptic to load everything Samba-related, and once the needed bit is installed, Samba works a treat.   Especially since the change-over to Debian - that infernal 'prompt-for-network-password' when accesssing a Samba share has finally been fixed (another multi-year bug).
Reply View the author