Deepin Update Time :((
Tofloor
poster avatar
duckladydinh
deepin
2016-06-26 09:39
Author
I am from Vietnam, and to be honest, I have fallen in love with this beautifully sexy operating system. It autorebooted sometimes, it is fine for me. It stuck many times, I can still bear with it. However, the most unacceptable problem is its update time, which is way too ridiculously slow (days and days, no longer hours) and sometimes it crashed after updating.

I have tried reinstalled deepin over and over, again and again, tried every newly released version to see if there is a change, but no.

I am writing not in order to complain, but to express my opinion that, if there is something to change on this beautiful OS, it is the download server and the update time because this OS is already almost perfect on its own.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-06-26 14:34
Hi. I, too, think this is a great OS, and you are not alone in your frustration with the sometimes extremely slow update and download speeds, which is probably the number one complaint about Deepin OS. If you have not done so, try every one of the Deepin mirrors, even the ones not close to your location, until you find one with reasonable speed. I live in California, USA , and found that the "NLUUG" mirror in the Netherlands has the fastest speeds for me, which seems odd, given how far it is from my location. So maybe the closest mirrors  are not the fastest or most reliable mirrors. Who knows, maybe the fastest mirror for you could be in England.  You also might try and open a terminal, right after you boot into Deepin, and run " sudo apt-get update" which is sometimes quite fast. Hopefully, the Deepin team will solve this update problem soon, for it is a shame that some people leave the OS because of update problems. Good luck.
Reply View the author
karibuTW
deepin
2016-09-09 04:13
Hi,

Just to inform you I am the owner of the VN mirror mirror.freedif.org and I've decided to add Deepin in my supported projects.
Hope it will solve your issue of slow update ;)

Make sure to switch your mirror to this closer one.

Kari

PS: If any issue or question for this mirror, please send me an email at karibu AT freedif org
Thank you
Reply View the author
bigbruno
deepin
2016-09-21 15:27
Almost all the mirrors out of China point to the CDN, but the CDN itself is not updating correctly, today we have other countries not in the repositories for updates Deepin 15.3.

Again I come to report to github as email, bugtracker and forum did not get answers for a week.

Please check this folder http://cdn.packages.deepin.com/deepin/dists/unstable/
Files date by 07 sep.

But in http://packages.deepin.com/deepin/dists/unstable/main/
Files date by 12 sep.

Some files date by day 07, but in China repository released update in day 12.
Reply View the author