WiFi issues in deepin 15.2
Tofloor
poster avatar
mauripeta
deepin
2016-07-01 06:22
Author
Hello! I'm new to deepin and I know it is debian based, I'm having several problems with my WiFi, I have a Toshiba L845 Satellite with an Atheros WiFi card; the problem is that my connection is really slow when is not disconnecting. Some help would be really appreciated!

best regards!

Mauricio
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
h4mz4
deepin
2016-07-01 14:02
hi, I have the same problem, I'm dual booting Windows/deepin , the wifi in windows is fast but in deepin the wifi is so slow and keep disconnecting, if u find a solution please tell me , ty
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-07-01 19:38
Did you recently upgrade from 15.1 to 15.2 and start experiencing the slow wifi problems  that did not exist in 15.1? If so, the posts on page 3 in this forum titled " No wifi after 15.2 upgrade" may be of some help, although myself and others that found a solution there had no wifi whatsoever after updating to 15.2. So beware, it might be a totally different problem. Good luck.
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2016-07-02 05:33
I posted earlier here on a slow Atheros card - the AR928x.  This card will connect only at 11Mb/s.  Using another Atheros card, a AR5008, it will connect at full-speed - so there is definitely a bug in the Debian-sourced driver, as this problem didn't occur with the same card with me when Deepin was Ubuntu-based.
Reply View the author
elizabeth
deepin
2016-07-02 06:12
The thing with WifI is, You have to determine which chip your using.  Atheros, Broadcom, Intel.  Check your Kernel Modules "lsmod", and Firmware.

Sometimes the driver is totally built in to and loaded by the Kernel, others need Firmware package specific for the chip.

Limited connectivity may mean partial Kernel support and missing firmware or its loading driver/firmware for a similar chip and not the exact chip.

So if I search for a "Netgear WNA1100 chip set"  I find a page like this  https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_WNA1100

Need Driver/firmware for:

WI1 chip1: Atheros AR9271

There may be a better listing somewhere.  That tells me I should have a ath9k_htc

Than search Firmware, tells me I need this package installed.  https://packages.debian.org/jessie/firmware-atheros

So there's the first step.  Making sure your Kernel is loading the correct module and that you have any needed Firmware installed.

The next step would be to remove any Modules or Firmware that may be causing a conflict.  Possibly even a different Kernel will have better support.

lspci and lsusb can help you determine devices connect to your PC
Reply View the author
rosentine
deepin
2016-07-28 00:13
Edited by rosentine at 2016-7-27 16:18

Grave Digging, but...

same issue here. I've got Asus Laptop with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG.

Things that happened:

- After fresh start there is no networks available nearby, wifi card restarts doesn't help either.
- During some usage, suddenly WIFI losses connection to it's spot, same as above restarts does not help.
- To solve the problem system needs to be restarted, but somethime look first dash.

System looks really great, and I'm charmed of it, but if the problem will be not solved it will be highly possible that I will to some other distro, as many other users.

Don't let it happen!

Currently I cannot share any logs - I am at work, but once if the problem occurs, I'll try to gather as much as I Can.
Reply View the author