How can i create an webapp for deepin and put inside deepin store ?
Tofloor
poster avatar
catmanmugdho
deepin
2016-07-02 07:04
Author
I have plans to create some webapp that can be useful for the users on my country. I want to know how to do it and who can other deepin users install it via Deepin Store.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
omelette
deepin
2016-07-04 18:31
Edited by omelette at 2016-7-4 22:52

Have you considered creating an AppImage (http://appimage.org/) of it, whose executables work on all reasonably recent Linux's, not just Deepin?

To be honest, despite almost 10 years with Linux, I'd never heard of them till now - apparently they've been around for a few years!  Only just read about them on Distrowatch, which was actually testing Fedora's Flat-pack, and Ubuntu's 'snap' systems - with disasterious results I may add!   AppImage on the other hand, worked flawlessly!  I've just downloaded the sample AppImage from the above link and it works flawlessly on Mint 17.3.  I'll check Deepin tomorrow.  I must say, I think its an incredible idea, especially as app updates take the form of potentially tiny delta-updates, rather than downloading the  complete app.  I have removed Libre Office from all of my Linux setups for just this reason!

You should watch the video on the same page as well.  Converting already-existing linux apps to AppImages seems a reasonably simple affair.  There are also quite a few of the major Linux applications already available as AppImages - https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages - I for one, am impressed anyway!

Edit:  Having just fired up Deepin, I am pleased to report that the sample AppImage application available at the above link works perfectly!  In fact, the exercise seems to highlight another little Deepin bug - if the application is copied to the Desktop, no amount of double-clicking, or right-click, select 'Open', will run the program.  If however, you open the terminal, navigate to Desktop, and predeed the filename with './', the application will start and perform flawlessly.  Or copy it to any place other than the Desktop - double-clicking it now starts it up immediately.  AppImages: I'm a Believer.
Reply View the author