Strange Behavior Trash icon in Dock
Tofloor
poster avatar
chazwhitehaven
deepin
2016-07-11 11:58
Author
When I click the Trash icon in the dock, Google Chrome opens.  I uninstall but the Trash icon is still present.  I install the Trash icon that was to be removed.  I get a second Trash icon that works.  The original Trash icon still opens Google Chrome.

Deepin is quite nice and i like it.  Any help is appreciated with this issue.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
chazwhitehaven
deepin
2016-07-14 11:30
Bump.  Any help is appreciated!
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-07-14 13:13
What is it that you uninstall after Chrome opens, the trash icon or Google Chrome? On my Deepin, the trash icon cannot be uninstalled or removed, but just sent to dock, sent to desktop, and added to startup. Does Chrome open when you click the Chrome icon?  You might try right clicking on the dock tray and trying the "classic" and "efficient"  options for the tray, for when I try these modes, there is no trash icon present on either one. You could also try uninstalling Chrome, then reinstall. Good luck.
Reply View the author
chazwhitehaven
deepin
2016-07-14 15:01
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31243
What is it that you uninstall after Chrome opens, the trash icon or Google Chrome? On my Deepin, the ...

Well, I first uninstalled Chrome.  The Trash icon works.  I installed Chrome and the Chrome icon launches Chrome .  Unfortunately so does the Trash icon which cannot be removed.  I can add a second Trash icon which does not launch Chrome.  I tried all (Fashion Mode, Efficient Mode & Classic Mode).  I tried Smart Hide, keep hidden and keep showing options.

Nothing seems to fix the issue so I have opted to keep the dock in Fashion Mode, Smart Hidden - adding a second Trash icon.   I suspect this is a bug.  I do appreciate your help.    

Any other thoughts are appreciated!
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-07-14 15:29
Who knows? Perhaps it is a bug, but I have not seen this problem mentioned anywhere on this forum so far. Maybe there was a momentary glitch in you Deepin download or usb writing that caused the problem.Hopefully,  a forum member who knows the fix for this will come along to lend a hand.
Reply View the author
tristar
deepin
2016-07-14 23:32
I'm not sure but maybe you have dde-trash.desktop file in your home.

do this in the terminal

1) cd
2) cd .local/share/applications
3) ls
and if you see this file, remove it like that:
4) rm -f dde-trash.desktop
5) reboot

if you do not see it, then you can search for it, it need to be just one and this is in /usr/share/applications/dde-trash.desktop. Maybe you can investigate in that way...
Reply View the author
chazwhitehaven
deepin
2016-07-15 10:22
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31243
I'm not sure but maybe you have dde-trash.desktop file in your home.

do this in the terminal

After ls, I get 'chrome-dcdlnbbnjknldpikkllanljjbnegnnei-Default.desktop  mimeapps.list'

No clue what that means.  

Thanks
Reply View the author
HualetWang
deepin
2016-07-16 00:17
Hi, you mean the trash icon at the right side of Dock ? It  should have nothing to do with google-chrome. Can you please post some screenshots or video?
Reply View the author