Can't load lightdm, stuck in terminal
Tofloor
poster avatar
brianjskier
deepin
2016-08-07 01:29
Author
Hi everyone
After a couple years of really enjoying Deepin 64 bit 14.2, I've finally run into a real problem:
The display manager will no longer load the graphical user interface, and lightdm will not load.
I was attempting to figure out why I couldn't ever connect my computer to a stereo using bluetooth.
I was installing Bluez, Bluez-sound and Bluez-ALSA, but the computer froze completely and I did a hard shutdown.
When I tried to reload, the system stops at the black and blue deepin loading logo and cannot reach the login page.

If I hit esc I can look at the most recent log data and see
Starting LightDM Display Manager [fail]
Starting Send an event to indicate plymouth is up [fail]
and also something flashes by about Bluez.

A lot of google searching let me to check the lightdm.log file, where I can see the error
Failed to find session configuration light-dm-deepin-greeter
Failed to create greeter session

I have tried
sudo apt-get purge lightdm
sudo apt-get purge bluez
sudo apt-get install lightdm
sudo apt-get install bluez
upgrading and updating
and also dpkg Repair broken packages
through the recovery menu without luck.

What else can I try to make this computer work again?
Thanks for any replies!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-08-07 09:10
Hello. For what it's worth, since you have the Ubuntu based version of Deepin, the Ubuntu forum most likely would contain a solution to your issue, if you have not looked there already. Sounds as if you really like the Ubuntu version of Deepin, but you can always install the 15.2 Debian version. I have had and enjoyed both versions. Good luck.
Reply View the author
brianjskier
deepin
2016-08-08 15:10
Thanks for the reply
If anyone is interested, I found that bluez-alsa removes a whole bunch of important stuff on installation, including Deepin Desktop Environment. I can't understand why.
By reinstalling DDE, I was able to get my system back up, with errors and hiccups.
Then I installed 15.2 Debian and simply wiped out all those headaches.
So far it's nice!
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-08-08 15:24
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31333
Thanks for the reply
If anyone is interested, I found that bluez-alsa removes a whole bunch of impor ...

In my previous reply, I mistakenly typed Debian 15.2 instead of Deepin 15.2; so I assume you were able to install Deepin 15.2, and were also able to get your bluetooth problem solved as well. Glad things worked out well for you.
Reply View the author