Deepin 15.2 issues!
Tofloor
poster avatar
ch4mp
deepin
2016-08-10 01:34
Author
Edited by ch4mp at 2016-9-15 02:59

Hi, there are several issues I wanna discuss.
1> Why Deepin doesn't have any official EU repository? Download speed is horrible. I had to use a 3rd party repo, but I don't trust that much. Most of those don't even work or are delayed.
Also you focus on China too much, this website - deepin.org takes forever to load. Make it available also for people from Europe. It's not that difficult really!

2> The dock doesn't still work properly - when I maximize a video a background glich occures which replaces my current background at the bottom.. Also programs in the dock sometimes missorder.Sometimes when I click on an icon it switches place with the next one.

3> Google Chrome - there's an older version available in the repository. I added a new official google repository to update chrome but now I can't maximize videos  - youtube, or twitch...to its full size. What I get is maximized video in the browser.

4> Deepin Movie is very slow, it takes forever to open the program, then using the jumper (I guess it's called) is horrible! It can't even change scenes because it's not easy to point on it.

There's also something I'd like to ask.
Is there a way to use something like KDE has - magnify desktop, zoom? This feature is great but I couldn't find it in Deepin. Compiz also has such feature.

After this I have to say Deepin is an excelent distro, but still very buggy, even after so many releases.
Hope somebody can help with this.
thanks.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
waqak
deepin
2016-08-10 03:41
for me also deepin movie takes foreever to load movies,i use VLC(works perfect) though it needs some tweaking to make it works smoothly....steps to make it work are provided on vlc website itself(i had a problem where video used to hang while fast forwarding)
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-08-10 06:28
I use both kmag and xzoom they are in the Deepin repositories. kmag of course will pull in many kde dependencies, xzoom is very light.
Deepin has recently updated Google Chrome to version 52.0.2742.82
As far as your issues, you will get a better reply or help if you post one at a time in Forum or Deepin User Feedback in your applications.
Reply View the author
ch4mp
deepin
2016-08-10 06:54
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31349
I use both kmag and xzoom they are in the Deepin repositories. kmag of course will pull in many kde  ...

this xzoom is not what I want.. I'm not blind or anything, but like to zoom sometimes when I read long text.
like I click a hotkey and it zooms the screen.

yeah I noticed that Deepin updated Chrome and the issue related to this is a knows "bug". Where pressing f11 seems a good option for now.

Posting everything together is better, one place.. why would I separate everything and spam.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-08-10 07:00
Edited by dance707 at 2016-8-9 08:12
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31349
this xzoom is not what I want.. I'm not blind or anything, but like to zoom sometimes when I read  ...

Pressing the Ctrl key + moving mouse wheel will zoom or minimize some browsers.
Reply View the author
bumkailashkumar
deepin
2016-08-10 10:04
I think we should help the developers of deepin os it is a great operating system am using it and i don't have any problem
Reply View the author
ch4mp
deepin
2016-08-30 14:22
Edited by ch4mp at 2016-9-1 19:07

I'll add more:

5> scrolling in launcher doesn't work sometimes. Only fresh restart helps best.

Reply View the author
ch4mp
deepin
2016-09-02 02:59
Edited by ch4mp at 2016-9-1 19:07

ive no idea if this issue has been reported:
6> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAeI935AtzU
Reply View the author
ch4mp
deepin
2016-09-15 11:00
3> It's a Google Chrome bug, version 53 solves it, but Deepin has still version 52 in repo..
Reply View the author