Help! Settings missing
Tofloor
poster avatar
nathanyu
deepin
2016-08-11 03:43
Author
Totally don't understand why, I can't find settings in my system.

Can't find it on dock or launcher. Can't set wallpaper, can't set display, no sound.

All messed up!

PLEASE HELP!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-08-11 04:51
Hi. Can you right click on Deepin desktop, which should give option to display settings? When you move the mouse cursor to  bump the lower right corner of the desktop screen, does the control center come up? And when you launch your apps, you cannot find the control center app? Have you tried rebooting into Deepin recovery mode?
Reply View the author
nathanyu
deepin
2016-08-11 05:22
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31351
Hi. Can you right click on Deepin desktop, which should give option to display settings? When you mo ...

Hi Stevex, I have done every thing you said, it just didn't work.

the control center just DISAPPEAR! And I noticed the clock in the right corner also was gone. I wonder if some system file have been deleted.
Reply View the author
com_bvv
deepin
2016-08-11 05:34
In Deepin not been tested !!!
Try to come with a different console (Ctrl_Alt_F2) and remove personal configs. After a new entry on your desktop, you will lose the settings, but not OS.
Good Luck!
Reply View the author
bumkailashkumar
deepin
2016-08-11 20:22
simply try reinstalling the deepin os
Reply View the author
tristar
deepin
2016-08-11 23:30
Edited by tristar at 2016-8-11 08:32

create new user and see if you have same problem, if not, then use new user as main, if yes, then reinstall deepin, or as is com_bvv suggested, move to terminal with ctrl+at+f1/f2...etc. and remove from /home/username/.config all deepin maps, and if this is not working for you, reinstall deepin as suggested by bumkailashkumar.
Reply View the author