Add icons to Deepin's dock
Tofloor
poster avatar
titohl
deepin
2016-09-14 10:38
Author
Hello. This is my first post in this community.
I just installed MS Office 2010 Prefessional Plus Deepin using Crossover Linux. I dragged and dropped from Crossover on the desktop Word, Excel and PowerPoint icons to create shortcuts to these programs.
How I can move these icons (shorcuts) to dock Deepin's dock?

In advance, thank you very much.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
lv1z
deepin
2016-09-14 17:31
Hello,

Open Word, in the dock go right click on its icon and select Dock. Repeat for the others. That should do the trick.
Reply View the author
titohl
deepin
2016-09-14 18:06
Edited by titohl at 2016-9-14 10:07
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31484
Hello,

Open Word, in the dock go right click on its icon and select Dock. Repeat for the others. T ...

This trick works for all available programs in the launcher. But MS Office shortcuts on the desktop dont have the option "send to dock".
Reply View the author
lv1z
deepin
2016-09-14 18:32
I didn't say that at all. Let me be more clear with the steps:

-Open the application(it could be any from the MS Office package): just double click on the icon in the desktop.
-Once the application is opened, go to the dock and right click on the application icon, you should see a couple options.
-Chose the one it says Dock, now repeat the same process for the others.

Let me know if it works.
Reply View the author
titohl
deepin
2016-09-15 05:32
Edited by titohl at 2016-9-15 00:56
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31484
I didn't say that at all. Let me be more clear with the steps:

-Open the application(it could be an ...

Thank you very much, lv1z. Your solution worked perfectly.
I very much appreciate your detailed explanation, since English is not my native language.
Greetings.
UPDATE: Unfortunately, the Word, Excel and PowerPoint icons, disappear from the dock just I close these programs.
Reply View the author
lv1z
deepin
2016-09-15 20:11
Edited by lv1z at 2016-9-15 12:15

Hello titohl,

I tried with the regular apps and it worked, so I assumed that it will work with the one installed via Crossover. I have been trying to see where the dock save its config but I haven't been able to find it. However I've seen that you can change some settings using dconf. Maybe that could help you:

sudo apt-get install dconf-tools
dconf-editor

Look under: com - deepin - dde - dock
Update:
The dock config can be found here :
/home/{user}/.config/deepin
Reply View the author
titohl
deepin
2016-09-16 14:33
Edited by titohl at 2016-9-17 17:38

OK. When I open dde-dock.conf file, I read:
  1. [General]
  2. CurrentStyle=dark
  3. StyleSearchPath=/usr/share/dde-dock/style/, /home/titohl/.config/deepin/dde-dock/style/
Copy the Code

Moreover, I installed dconf-editor and route com - Deepin - dde - dock, I found the "docked-apps" parameter and custom values are ['deepin-toggle-desktop', 'deepin-wm-multitaskingview', 'google-chrome', 'deepin-appstore', 'org.gnome.nautilus', 'wps-office-wps', 'wps-office-et', 'dde-control-center']
From this I conclude that I should be able to add Word, Excel and Powerpoint applications to this list. But what is the right format to do this?
For example, does not work 'winword.exe'.

Reply View the author
titohl
deepin
2016-09-18 03:26
I did several tests, but I was unable to add shortcuts of Word, Excel and Powerpoint to dock. My best option was to add Crossover to the dock, and run it from there, and then open either, Word, Excel or Powerpoint.
I appreciate the assistance provided by lv1z.
Thank you very much.
Reply View the author