Unable To Delete Standard Directories/Folders
Tofloor
poster avatar
ScoobyDan
deepin
2016-09-15 13:02
Author
Hi,

I've just installed a fresh copy of Deepin 15.3 64-bit. I like the look of some of the new features, but I am experiencing a problem:

I run 4 different Linux distributions, each with their '/' and '/home' directories in a single partition per distribution, then a separate partition for all of my data (such as documents, music, etc). This way I keep each distribution's '/home' directory separate (avoiding conflicts), but the systems can share files easily. When I install a new distribution, normally the first thing I do is delete the 'Documents', 'Downloads', 'Music', etc directories from the '/home' directory, and replace them with symbolic links to the shared partition - e.g.: 'ln - s /mnt/Data/Documents Documents'. Now on to the problem - in Deepin 15.3, I am unable to delete any of the default directories within the '/home' directory - either through File Manager or Terminal. In File Manager, the delete option is not available when I right-click, and running 'rmdir Documents' within Terminal does nothing (nor does 'sudo rmdir ...'). Trying to create the symbolic links without deleting the directories fails, as the target already exists.

This works fine in all other distributions, and worked in all previous Deepin versions. Just not 15.3.

Any ideas?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
castymcboozer
deepin
2016-09-24 14:10
I would also like to be able to remove these folders.  rm'ing from terminal does not produce an error but it appears the file is immediately recreated.
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-09-25 04:15
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-9-25 21:45

I don't have problem with this. I opened the terminal and typed in the  following:
  1. cd
  2. mv Dokumentumok Dokumentumok.old # I didn't want to remove my Documents folder, so i made a backup of it instead
  3. ln -s /media/weylyn1/WD/Dokumentumok /home/weylyn1/Dokumentumok
Copy the Code

I've checked it out and it was working (the two folders have different content).
Reply View the author