Freeze developing start solving issues visible to all of us!
Tofloor
poster avatar
horvan
deepin
2016-09-16 04:17
Author
Edited by horvan at 2016-9-15 13:26

First I have to say thatDeepin 15.03 Looks absolutely great! And I like to thank you the people at WuhanDeepin Technology to spread this great Linux distribution with the rest of the world.

I like to give you some feedback what I am missinghere by now and I like to hear others too. What are you missing in this community?

And here goes a warning about this post. The next fewlines may not be nice. Just to get the chance to be as clear as possible.

There are a lot of stuff that sucks! And you should fix this before doing anything else with your great product! You should evenstop further development and fix these Issues listed here, just to make sure Deepin will be as great as it is intended!

So here some absolutely uncool things about deepin!
Community Website

Simplicity where are you?
Have you seen the forums these days? There are so manyquestions. they may be solved or unsolved. But there is no chance to mark themas solved when you got an answer. Sit back a moment and imagine each post inthe forum is an icon on your desktop. this is clutter right? There is nosimplicity in it anymore!
Cleanness I miss you, too?
The same for cleanness. It's great that I am able to read Spanish posts, Italian posts, German pots and French posts between all the Englishonce. But do I like this? No I don't!

I like to concentrate on what I like to do when I comehere. Ask questions to get help and aware questions to answer questions othersasked before. In short help people to solve errors. and I dislike to filter andseparate languages that I am able to read from languages where I don't have anyclue in. There is no cleanness there is clutter, again. a lot clutter!

I don't care about the Feedback button; I don’t careabout Bugzilla in Chinese!

There is a nice little button on the page that tellsus all that we can give feedback here. And when we click on it Well than a placeholderpage comes up and tells us. OOPS you can't give feedback here, use that forumsplease and come back later!  And Bugzilla? Yes, deepin.org has Bugzilla onit but why should I report a bug when I have to translate every bit in Bugzillafirst because I am not able to read Chinese. Bugzilla has an internationalizedgui but the content in it isn't English at least,

Do you dislike to get bug reports from people in othercountries?
Mirroring System
Well there are mirrors for deepin now. And there aremore to come in different countries. That’s great news. But what is it worth tohave a mirror nearby when the system or the control center are not able to switchmirrors correctly.

Sure it is no problems for advanced users to pick amirror form the list here on deepin.org
go to the sources. list file and comment out themirror system and set up the mirror in their neighborhood. But why there is a functionin the control center to do so if this function I am talking about is notworking correctly for about 6 - 8 months now?
Conclusion
I know deepin focuses to the Chinese market by now. But if so you should perhaps disinternationalize this and just stay in china. At least as long users all over the world have to wait more than several hours to get an update done and several minutes to get their software installed! Software with a size with about 40 Megabyte.
Please don't just say: “All right this guy is bothering once more”

Sometimes I am not sure if you the development team areaware of these problems or even if you think:

“Well, we know that but this has no priority!” We’recrafting a software catalogue make the UI better and care about the main market!
But, do you know what? You don't care about the rest! This seems to me a bit like google launches a product and give it a test drive like they did some years ago with google wave. You don’t remember google wave or have not even heard about it. That’s because google cancels stuff that fails!

In my opinion you should stop releasing new features,new apps, new UI concepts, whatever! Fix all the problems mentiond above , first! Even if it took you a year or so to fix all of them. Go back to your whiteboards and just do it!

Again!  Do not understand this as bothering, please!

Many of us have seen these issues for almost  a year now and deepin has got a very polished new version now that looks great

But honestly I hope I don’t got banned for this! Instead I hope this will reach the developers. I absolutely like to hear what they think about these issues and I like to see comments from the community here, too!

Stop to improve your software for a while and start to improve things that matter to the community!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
com_bvv
deepin
2016-09-16 05:11
You wrote a message to Bill Gates?!)))
Reply View the author
bigbruno
deepin
2016-09-21 06:04
Almost all the mirrors out of China point to the CDN, but the CDN itself is not updating correctly, today we have other countries not in the repositories for updates Deepin 15.3.

Again I come to report to github as email, bugtracker and forum did not get answers for a week.

Please check this folder http://cdn.packages.deepin.com/deepin/dists/unstable/
Files date by 07 sep.

But in http://packages.deepin.com/deepin/dists/unstable/main/
Files date by 12 sep.

Some files date by day 07, but in China repository released update in day 12.
Reply View the author