Unable to Boot
Tofloor
poster avatar
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-22 03:46
Author
I am also unable to boot. I'll try and provide some information to help you to help me.
The Error: ...emergency mode... cannot open access to console, the root account is locked. (See attachment)

I powered off the system correctly. I was downloading things using the Deepin Store and THEN the terminal. I'd plugged in my Corsair K95 keyboard (for the first time this install), which has always been problematic with Linux.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-23 04:21
It doesn't let me type anything, I can't get recovery to help and CTRL + ALT + F2 doesn't work. Please help. I've effectively bricked my OS by doing nothing. Not very happy as I already reinstalled Deepin the first time I got this error.
Reply View the author
infuscomus
deepin
2016-09-23 06:00
what happens when you press enter?
Reply View the author
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-24 03:08
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31539
what happens when you press enter?

Nothing. For about 8 seconds, then it displays exactly the same text below. What can I try to fix it?
Reply View the author
mytempr4
deepin
2016-09-24 03:35
Try back for Graphic Mode; CTRL + ALT + F7.

Or, remove the OS for complete (don't remove  /home) and install new.
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-09-24 03:52
Hello. If you download and install SuperGrubdisk to a usb stick ( only a few Mbgs) and boot from it, you should be able to boot into or correct Deepin. Worth a try. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/     Good luck.
Reply View the author
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-24 17:21
Thanks for the replies. CTRL + ALT + F7 did nothing and the recovery disk was also met with the root account being locked.

I've now installed Deepin 15.3 a third time. I'm afraid this problem will deter users from staying with Deepin and want to know how to prevent it happening a third time.
Reply View the author
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-24 18:29
Great news! It appears to be my fault, so this problem will be isolated to me.

I messed up the configuration of fstab. I used the Disks utility now in the Deepin Store to fix my problem (after re-installing again). Happy days.
Reply View the author