Keyring Opt Out
Tofloor
poster avatar
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-24 17:37
Author
How to I disable Chrome's keyring?
Also would anybody like to have a discussion about the keyring system? Explain why re-entering the password you used to log in is neccessary (or at least in your face) to launch some applications and to change the timezone of the OS.

Anybody read about Linus Torvalds himself getting really angry about this "feature" when his daughter called him from school because she needed the root password to add a printer and he didn't know it?

Finally, I realise I don't know where else (if at all) the keyring system is within this new version of Deepin.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-09-25 06:47
Hi. I had same problem. First install "seahorse" package: "sudo apt-get install seahorse". Then click the app launcher and you will have a new app "passwords and keys". Open the app and right click on login, then click on change password, enter old password and leave new password blank, then keep clicking on "continue" and ignore warning message about not using password. Reboot and chrome should no longer give you the keyring message.  All of this information can be found on the Ubuntu forum. Good luck.
Reply View the author
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-25 16:34
Thanks Stevex.
I gave it a shot and it looked great. Good to know how to disable passwords. I'm not comfortable with storing plain text passwords on my computer. Maybe I should never hit remember.
Thanks for the information.
Reply View the author