Pointing Music to Where the Music Is
Tofloor
poster avatar
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-24 18:55
Author
My Music exists on a different drive to Deeping 15.3 (/mnt/Seagate3TB/Music).

In previous versions of Deepin I would delete the Deepin Music folder and creat a symbolic link to my actual Music folder. "sudo rm -r --force Music" does not work anymore. Even if it is a bad idea/not reccomended users should be able to achieve this with "--force"!

Anyhow, with right click "roperty" (should be Properties) I was hopeful the new file manager would have this built in. Next, right click "Create Link". No luck with both.

So 2 questions:
1 - What is the reccomended way to link up your Music folder (and Pictures, Video ect)
2 - If a user can't break their own install with "sudo rm -r --force Music" then its not Linux/free/open. Would this work once I've ended the process of the File Manager or something?

Thanks
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-25 19:13
Additionally Lollypop & Sayonara players don't appear to be working correctly in 15.3. Lollypop can't find Music, even if its in ~/Music and Sayonara has no GUI!
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2016-09-25 20:15
Habe you tried sudo rm -rf instead?
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2016-09-25 20:17
horvan replied at 2016-9-25 05:15
Habe you tried sudo rm -rf instead?

Could you also Post the Output of ls - l in ~ please.
Reply View the author
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-25 21:41
Thanks horvan. sudo rm -rf worked like a charm. With the folders deleted, symbolic links worked great. Still having problems with certain music players but I'll make a separate thread.
Reply View the author