Disappointed with new dock tray.
Tofloor
poster avatar
stevex
deepin
2016-09-26 05:38
Author
Just thought I would mention my yearning to have the 15.2 dock tray back. It,s subjective, but I think the previous, 15.2, and earlier, 3D like tray was one of the most visually appealing docks that I have seen. And I think, in addition to the other wonderful features of Deepin OS, it was a major attraction for Deepin OS. I am thankful that the new, 15.3 , dock can be placed wherever one desires, but its' appearance looks so much like so many docks in other linux distros that it no longer stands out as it did. To me, the new dock sacrificed beauty for more functionality.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jotapesse
deepin
2016-09-26 06:07
Personally I don't agree. I like it better now, more of a Flat look, well in trend. Still I really prefer the "Efficient Mode" rather than "Fashion Mode" dock.
Reply View the author
ch4mp
deepin
2016-09-26 07:56
I also like it more.. they could at least leave an option to keep it.
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-09-26 08:39
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-9-25 17:40

I like it too. The launcher area of it is really good, but the area where the applications' notification icons (like MEGA or Deepin Music) are, is pretty bad. On the previous panel, all the icons were quickly accessible, you just had to hover the mouse over it and only click on the icon you wanted to click on. Now you have to click on that area and then you can click on the icon you want to click on. Pretty annoying and slow.
Reply View the author