Can't create screenshot (everything's black)
Tofloor
poster avatar
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-09-26 08:47
Author
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-9-25 17:53

I don't know why, but whenever i try to make a screenshot, it will be either fully black or only showing the logon screen or show a previous state of the desktop. It's not the bug of Deepin Screenshot, because i tried it with GNOME Screenshot too and the result was the same. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
horvan
deepin
2016-09-26 09:55
So you use Virtualisierung Box?
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-09-26 12:20
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31569
So you use Virtualisierung Box?

You mean Oracle VM VirtualBox? Yes, but it was not running when the screenshots were made.
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2016-09-26 23:14
So you do not use deepin as a guest system. Alright- What is your graphic cards name and do you use a propeterary driver allready?
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2016-09-28 06:07
Well' What happens if you use the clipboard. Press PRINT open up a grphic software like gimp and press CTRL+V If that works this is a bug in deepin screenshot that should be reported trough the feedback app. If you got a black screen with the approach descrpted it may be a driver problem
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-09-29 06:49
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-9-28 15:52
Well' What happens if you use the clipboard. Press PRINT open up a grphic software like gimp and pre ...

I opened Deepin Screenshot and the whole screen went black. Only the cursor and the text of Deepin screenshot was visible. Like if you want to take a photo with your camera but you forgot to remove the lens cover. If i try this with GNOME screenshot, the 'foreground' is not visible, but it's there, because the result will be the same.

Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2016-09-29 11:08
I see your point. But to be shure that this is a bug in the screenshot app you have to

1. Install gimp or an other image software
2. Press  The PRINT Key to send a copy of your screeen to the Systems Clipboard
3. Open The Graphic program you have installed
4.Create a new file
5. Press CTRL+V to insert your Clipboards content.
If the Image is visible like you expect it it is a softwre bug

If you got the same result as shown above this may be a graphic driver issue.

TTry this and show us the result,
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-10-03 12:42
I see your point. But to be shure that this is a bug in the screenshot app you have to

1. Install g ...

1. Deepin Screenshot wants to save the screenshot to a file by default. How can i change it?
2. Result with GNOME Screenshot can be seen below
3. I'll install a completely different desktop environment like KDE or GNOME Shell on Wayland (maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow) to make sure this isn't a DDE-related bug.

Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-10-30 09:23
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-10-29 18:25

I've installed KDE and (as you can see) have successfully taken a screenshot using Deepin Screenshot on it. So it's not the bug of Deepin Screenshot neither a driver issue. Weird.
Mentés
Reply View the author