Installing Deepin on MacBook Pro 2015 - No Wifi
Tofloor
poster avatar
exmachina
deepin
2016-11-02 11:29
Author
Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate some help. I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and I'm dual booting Deepin and MacOS. The problem is that Deepin can't detect any wifi so I'm unable to connect to the internet. I can't even use the cable because there is no port for it on the MacBook. This problem is not just with Deepin however, I have tried several other Linux distros and all but a couple have the same issue. In fact, I think only Maui OS & Solus OS have been able to detect wifi.

I've looked online for solutions yet no luck thus far. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get online on my Deepin partition I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
febrifahmi
deepin
2016-12-05 05:20
you can buy a usb to LAN adapter. it's very cheap and deepin could automatically detect it and made it possible connecting to the internet via the usb port.
Reply View the author
pedrolake
deepin
2016-12-05 06:36
Did you tried run the commands  lspci , dmidecode ,  to know your wi-fi hardware .

Others command will help know about your hardware:

cat /proc/pci
cat /proc/interrupts
cat /proc/ioports
cat /proc/meminfo

Please grab the output of this command here. Of if you have the model and year of your laptop, maybe we can find more about the hardware and how enable in Deepin.
Reply View the author
pedrolake
deepin
2016-12-05 06:37
Maybe this post will help you, Deepin uses Debian base, here a little how-to

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-11-02 12:52
Hello. You and try searching the Ubuntu or Debian forums for a solution since Ubuntu is based on Debian and Deepin is too. Also, if you could get hold of a wifi adapter/usb  wifi dongle, which in Linux are usually plug & play, that might be a solution.And perhaps another Deepin forum member will come along with how they solved the same problem. Good luck.
Reply View the author
j***n@gmail.com
deepin
2023-04-10 19:20
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.