Deepin is beautiful and wonderful... but it freezes up all the time.
Tofloor
poster avatar
seb
deepin
2016-11-06 03:48
Author
I'm not sure if it's something with my installation or hardware-- the computer itself is kinda old but it's running a Nvidia GeForce 650 Ti Boost graphics card and a 750GB hard drive.
Deepin is the best Linux distro I've ever used...

Except it freezes up and becomes unresponsive for no apparent reason. When it "crashes," I can still move the mouse pointer, but I'm unable to select or click things. If I unplug the mouse and plug it back in, I can no longer move the pointer. I can't use keyboard commands to open a terminal. All I can do is hit ctrl+prtscn+b to reboot-- that appears to work.

The time it takes to freeze up seems to be related to the number of applications I have running. For example: if I'm using both Spotify and Google Chrome, it usually crashes much faster than if I'm just using Chrome. But given enough time...it will happen even when there's nothing running at all.

Not sure what the problem is.

If someone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. I'm new to Linux, but I'd really like to start using Deepin full-time. Thanks in advance.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
ti6o17
deepin
2016-12-01 00:37
Hi All,

Deepin is the most convenient and beautiful linux distribution for just an simple users, but I have same problem with laptop HP G62. It freezes easily if at any browser are open more then 2-3 tabs.

Reply View the author
andraddedan
deepin
2018-09-16 09:22
Hi guys, I am with the same problem, (freezing frequently) and my notebook is a HP 246 G6. Intel Core i5, 4GB of RAM and 75 GB for the system.   
Reply View the author
heqi
deepin
2018-09-16 10:06
I am with the same problem,My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad E470c, Inter Core i5,8GB of RAM,and 100GB for the System.
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-09-16 19:44
Update Your System In Latest Version Deepin 15.7
killua
deepin
2018-09-21 08:59
I am with the same problem, Deepin Graphics Driver doesn't work. I can't install Steam for that problem with driver.
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-legacy-check_390.67-3deepin_amd64.deb (--unpack):
new nvidia-legacy-check package pre-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-legacy-check_390.67-3deepin_amd64.deb
Reply View the author
deepinuser17
deepin
2018-09-21 17:18
If you run into screen freeze problem again, press Meta + Shift + Tab key combination a few times. This will resolve freeze issue with having to reboot your machine.
Reply View the author
nero28
deepin
2018-09-21 17:38
I bought a SSD to solve this probem,it's even faster than windows 10 now.
Reply View the author
deepinuser17
deepin
2018-09-21 19:06
If you run into screen freeze problem again, press Meta + Shift + Tab key combination a few times. This will resolve freeze issue without rebooting your machine.
Reply View the author
seb
deepin
2016-11-06 07:24
update- I used Driver Manager and switched from xserver-xorg-video-nouveau to nvidia-driver.

That seems to have solved the issue. It's been a few hours and Deepin still hasn't crashed.

However my wireless mouse is still lagging like crazy. I've noticed the problem is worse when I move it back and forth over a link... almost like switching from the arrow cursor to the hand cursor is too taxing or something. So it lags.
Reply View the author
tc******al@bugfoo.com
deepin
2023-04-11 20:18
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.