How to view hidden files in Deepin File Manager [SOLVED]
Tofloor
poster avatar
flurbius
deepin
2016-11-07 21:40
Author
Edited by flurbius at 2016-11-8 22:44

This may sound like a dumb question but I have just wasted 30 minutes on a fruitless quest for the answer - how do I tell the File manager to show me hidden files? (ie files with names starting with '.'  

I shouldnt have to ask this question - that sort of information should be obvious to the user.  why isnt there a settings page (or if there is one why isnt it easier to find)  I realise you are trying to be all new and different but settings pages are a really good way to not waste your users time.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jambalak
deepin
2016-11-07 22:05
Hello.
Generally on Linux system you have to type Ctrl+H (as "Hide") to show the hidden files. But It would be a good idea to add this feature on the new deepin file manager.
Reply View the author
flurbius
deepin
2016-11-07 23:45
Thanks that worked a treat, I just opened the file manager at a suitable place made sure it had focus and hit ctrl-h.  

Not being long in the linux world I had no knowledge about this, and despite googling with terms like 'view hidden files' and getting back plenty of general linux, ubuntu and not many deepin results I didnt see anywhere ctrl+h mentioned so I think it still should have a gui element.
Reply View the author