Mirror selection while installing deepin
Tofloor
poster avatar
horvan
deepin
2016-11-27 08:59
Author
Deepin installer has a great design but there a re many functions  left to develop that debian installer has. One of that options is to select the nearest mirror to the current location of the installing user while installing. Are there any plans to implement that when will the mirroring system work correct. Is there a scheduel?
The rason for this kind of question is as follows.

if you have installed deepin and log in first. Deepin starts to look for an update at cdn.deepin.com
You could imagine tht this will take very long if someone lives in calefornia for example.

Why there is no implementation in the installer to let the user choose the nearest mirror as in many other Linux distributions as well?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
yping
deepin
2016-11-27 18:33
I have the same question.Mirror selection seem not to come into effect if you change it by controll center.
Reply View the author
am******16@hotmail.com
deepin
2016-12-01 12:20
Hi, you have to do to solve this problem is April terminal:

1- sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list  

2- Add this repo: deb https://mirrors.cicku.me/deepin/ unstable non-free

3- Disables main contrib repo that comes by default with a # in front and ready.

4- CTRL+O, CTRL+X

5- sudo apt-get update
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2016-12-05 02:06
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/132482
Hi, you have to do to solve this problem is April terminal:

1- sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list  

That's not the point here. This is nothing about how to solve an existing bug in deepin. This soluthin is well known and prooved as well as accepted. But the bug we are talking about still presists since deepin 2015.01 We're in December 2016 now and this bug has not been solved by the developers. That's wy I opened a thread about that again.
Reply View the author
jpcarvalhinho
deepin
2016-12-06 06:42
What is terminal?

(this is what my father will ask me)
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2016-12-07 03:18
If you logged in just press CTRL+T to open the Terminal. Than follow the steps above to get a faster mirror
Reply View the author