Deepin Linux & Disk Encryption
Tofloor
poster avatar
somewhere_here
deepin
2016-12-01 07:05
Author
Hi,

As I'm always on the move it's needed for me to have my data on my laptop encrypted.

I did some testing with Deepin and I really like the way the OS works. But it seems that there is no way to install Deepin with some sort of disk encryption, in the installation the LVM+LUKS partitioning is not possible, which is ok, as long as I can encrypt my home directory. But as soon as I encrypt the home directory I'm not able to login anymore (it just returns back to the login screen).

Is there way to use Deepin with some sort of disk encryption?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
MattD
deepin
2016-12-01 07:47
Yes, it's feasible.

I've posted one thread in the year 2014, to guide others to install Deepin on customized LVM+LUKS partition scheme. But unfortunately, it is written in Chinese.

However, the whole process is not very complicated, in four parts:

1. Create and prepare your partition scheme, and mount your partitions to some mountpoint (in Live CD environment).
2. Extract the whole Deepin system (*.squashfs files in Deepin ISO image) to your target mounted in Step 1.
3. Chroot and perform some necessary settings (root password, add users, include crypto modules in initramfs, set up fstab, etc.)
4. Install Grub boot code, and update grub configurations.
Reply View the author
wangyong
deepin
2016-12-01 16:42
We haven't provide LVM gui feature in deepin installer, it's too hard for general user.

But you can do what MattD said.
Reply View the author
tjames
deepin
2023-02-03 12:03

A cryptocurrency exchange is a marketplace where investors may buy, sell, and trade different cryptocurrencies. Fiat currencies, or government-issued legal tender like the US dollar or the Euro, are frequently used to fund these transactions.

Since investors have noted that cryptocurrencies fluctuate along with the stock market, many tend to believe that they may actually be more of a security than a currency. However, best cryptocurrency exchanges provide essentially the same function as standard exchanges on the stock or bond market: they let users purchase and sell cryptocurrencies.

Reply View the author