I'm stuck inside windows
Tofloor
poster avatar
lucar10
deepin
2017-01-08 04:39
Author
Edited by lucar10 at 2017-1-7 21:29

I'm completly new to linux and before judging it harshly I thought I may as well give it a go. Deepin looked user friendly enough so I decided to partition it 40GB. All went well and when I rebooted I was given the boot menu with options like

>Deepin
>Windows Boot Loader

I assumed windows boot loader would boot back up windows 10, and so if I need to switch between them I would just use this menu everytime it booted up, or I assumed because the boot loader was deepins, that windows would have it's own version of this. Upon booting into windows 10 and restarting I see it does not.

How can I get back into deepin, and how can I switch from them both, from both versions.

Thanks!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2017-01-08 11:33
toolHi. You can quickly download and use the following tool that will allow you to boot into W10 or Deepin. I would suggest that you boot into Deepin and "sudo update-grub" and reboot and see if you can now boot into both W10 and/or Deepin. Good luck.     http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
Reply View the author
lucar10
deepin
2017-01-08 12:56
I got to the bottom of it, was to due with boot order My BIOS keeps not saving changes to put linux first. I don't know how to fix it.
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2017-01-08 21:22
Hi. When you are booted into and running Deepin, do you have Deepin set to boot first in your boot menu in the control panel? Also, if you installed "grub customizer" in Deepin, you should be able to configure which OS boots first. Good luck.
Reply View the author
lucar10
deepin
2017-01-09 04:10
I'm not clear how to install it. It just shows as a bunch as files. I'm familliar with just having one .exe file to use.
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2017-01-09 06:08
If you follow the following instructions, it should work for you:  http://www.linuxserve.com/2015/05/how-to-install-grub-customizer-406-in.html
Reply View the author
zhaosam
deepin
2017-01-09 06:39
hah, just fix the boot guider with EASYBCD, which is easy with guidance provided by baidu Jingyan
Reply View the author