Tofloor
poster avatar
lucar10
deepin
2017-01-08 12:54
Author
Hey I have some questions being a new user to Deepin

• How do I grant Admin permissions
  • The computer icon doesn’t open anything, is it supposed to?
  • Can I download Ubuntu software centre, if not where else can I get packages that are not in the official store.
  • Is there a file explorer? User profile? Other things similar to windows? There seems to be literally no files.
  • Is there a way to see currently downloading and downloads
  • Is there a way to see recent notifications

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jylzming
deepin
2017-01-09 23:10
1、use sudo+operation command; or you can password your root user in shell: sudo passwd root
Reply View the author
jylzming
deepin
2017-01-09 23:12
Other operation is very similar to Windows,just click your mouse and try it! You will be like it~
Reply View the author
w_w
deepin
2017-01-10 00:39
1. google “linux sudo"
2. it is supposed to open deepin file manager. It seems that you'v run into a bug. Try command "dde-file-manager" in the terminal and see what happens.
3. I'm afraid you can't install Ubuntu software center. Use "aptitude" in cli or install synaptic package manager for gui to search in the official repository which collects much more software than the deepin app store.
4. file explorer: dde-file-manager, user profile: you can manager users in the dde control center
5. It depends on which software you use to download, in the deepin appstore, it's in the upper right corner (hide when there is no downloading task)
6. I didn't find it and i guess they haven't support this feature yet.
Reply View the author