Some issues with Deepin
Tofloor
poster avatar
werswet
deepin
2017-03-25 23:31
Author
1.I have Windows 7 and Deepin on my laptop
After installation of Deepin 15.4 partition takes the  active boot flag and Windows 7 has no boot flag.I must manually change bootflags from Deepin to Windows 7 because if I don't do this computer doesn't boot.
could You fix this issue.

2.I use Paragon Backup and Recovery from Windows 7 to do Backup on ext4 Deepin
partition. Every thing works fine if i cerate ext4 partition from windows 7 and install deepin without formatting the ext4 partition.When during Deepin instalation i choose format ext4 option, after the installation of Deepin this partitions are not more recognized from my backup program and appear as not formated.

3.on deepin 15.4 there is no option to disable lvds display.I use laptop on docking station with external display. bescause the laptop lid is always closed
i use HDMI. on deepin 15 .3 this worked fine.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
michaeljayt
deepin
2017-03-27 18:57
Thankds for your feedback. I've reported to the developers.
Reply View the author
xushaohua
deepin
2017-03-27 19:06
本帖最后由 xushaohua 于 2017-3-27 11:09 编辑

Hi.

Which type of laptop do you use now?
1. If NTFS has no "boot" flag, Windows system can be loaded by Deepin Grub. Normally there is no need to modify partition boot flag at all.

2. Does Paragon support ext4 filesystem? And what type of partition table is used in your laptop? MBR or GPT? It is recommended to modify or format partitions in Linux during installation.

3. To disable LVDS, try this in terminal:
$ xrandr --output LVDS --off

"LVDS" is name of your internal display, all of connected displays can be listed when "xrandr" command
Reply View the author
heartqing
deepin
2017-03-27 22:36
I think you are using mbr+bios. In efi +gpt both grub and windows entries both  will be reserved. Then in your cases, you should add windows entry manual. You can refer to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB .
Reply View the author
werswet
deepin
2017-03-28 04:23
Edited by werswet at 2017-3-27 21:19

1.i post a gparted image. i have Deepin 15.3 installed.
2. Yes paragon supports ext4 file system and backups only data approx 2.5 GB not the hole partition but when i format ext4 during installation it appears in paragon as not formated and i cannot make backup . laptop is Hp Elitebook 8460p.I use mbr.
In older versions of Deepin 15. 2 that backup worked fine

Thanks for help
Reply View the author